CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters

Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD? Empty Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:15 am

I know it's probably not legal, but I am wondering if anyone has done this with success or has any tips.

I have contacted the person who made the video (of my old neighborhood in Chi) and I want to get it on DVD for Dad. It's been over a year and multiple messages and he hasn't gotten back to me about me buying a copy from him.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD? Empty Re: Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 am

Google it Red. There are a number of things that come up. Pick one that you're comfortable with.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD? Empty Re: Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:27 am

I did Google it before, but was curious if anyone tried one.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 am

RedBedroom wrote:I did Google it before, but was curious if anyone tried one.

You couldn't have picked a stranger time to say this, my brother just tried that so we could have a DVD of A Muppet Family Christmas, uncut and without paying $150 for the DVD. It worked, but I'm not sure exactly how he did it, AND because he did it without the proper program it puts some sign in the middle of the picture that comes and goes throughout the film.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 am

Funny, Super. Strange thing is, I have a friend whose husband does it all the time, but for whatever reason, she won't help me. I have asked her a few times in recent months and she keeps putting me off.

I know there are several ways to do it but I want to know what has worked for others before I just go into it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 am

Supernova wrote:

You couldn't have picked a stranger time to say this, my brother just tried that so we could have a DVD of A Muppet Family Christmas, uncut and without paying $150 for the DVD. It worked, but I'm not sure exactly how he did it, AND because he did it without the proper program it puts some sign in the middle of the picture that comes and goes throughout the film.

Shirley, your being facetious about $150 for that DVD?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:52 am

RedBedroom wrote:I know it's probably not legal, but I am wondering if anyone has done this with success or has any tips.

I have contacted the person who made the video (of my old neighborhood in Chi) and I want to get it on DVD for Dad. It's been over a year and multiple messages and he hasn't gotten back to me about me buying a copy from him.

Red first you have to have a tool to download the video from you tube, there are many but one that is good is called Youtube downloader, its free and very simple to use.

http://download.cnet.com/YTD-Video-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

Once you download the video then it needs to be burned to DVD by a DVD burning software like you probably have in Windows. The burning software will convert the video onto DVD so it is watchable in most DVD Players. Its a process but that should work for you.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:57 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Shirley, your being facetious about $150 for that DVD?

Check Amazon, you'll see, they may not be $150 now but they're still over $100, and don't call me Shirley.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah, dat da one. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if it's this one, that one or the other one, all videos, both VHS and DVD copies are cut, edited, butchered, half the songs were removed for legal reasons, whatever the hell that means, and the only time the full version was ever seen was on TV back in the 80s and 90s, fortunately that's what was uploaded to Youtube and that is what we now have on DVD.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Supernova wrote:

Yeah, dat da one. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if it's this one, that one or the other one, all videos, both VHS and DVD copies are cut, edited, butchered, half the songs were removed for legal reasons, whatever the hell that means, and the only time the full version was ever seen was on TV back in the 80s and 90s, fortunately that's what was uploaded to Youtube and that is what we now have on DVD.

http://www.timesforgottendvd.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=703
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Both of Alan's links state it's a 2 disc set with the deleted scenes.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:47 pm

CeCe wrote:Both of Alan's links state it's a 2 disc set with the deleted scenes.

I missed that part, well hot damn and it's about time, but why hasn't this been released in the stores along with every other Christmas DVD they peddle every year? There were a lot of people who loved that one and would go nuts for it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 am

Supernova wrote:

I missed that part, well hot damn and it's about time, but why hasn't this been released in the stores along with every other Christmas DVD they peddle every year? There were a lot of people who loved that one and would go nuts for it.

Just double check these (as the saying goes, "let the buyer beware".) Try and make sure these weren't recorded off someone's TV Wink . I still have trouble believing this costs that much on Amazon. But that's nothing! There's a little known movie from the 80's with Richard Dreyfuss called Let It Ride based on a book titled Good Vibes by Jay Cronley. Check out how much that goes for!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:14 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Just double check these (as the saying goes, "let the buyer beware".) Try and make sure these weren't recorded off someone's TV Wink . I still have trouble believing this costs that much on Amazon. But that's nothing! There's a little known movie from the 80's with Richard Dreyfuss called Let It Ride based on a book titled Good Vibes by Jay Cronley. Check out how much that goes for!

I've seen people put a $300 price on something you can get at Walmart for $10. Some of the amazon sellers are out of their damn mind. If it's something out of print it can be even worse. It takes patience & determination but if you stay with it you will usually find it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:24 am

Perfect example. This is the Boondock Saints that sells at Walmart for about $9.98 most of the time. But someone at amazon has put a higher value on it.

Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD? BSovid
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm

CeCe wrote:Perfect example. This is the Boondock Saints that sells at Walmart for about $9.98 most of the time. But someone at amazon has put a higher value on it.

Do any of you guys know how to get a Youtube video onto a DVD? BSovid

LMAO! Holy crap! I better warn my wife...it's on my X-mas list. (Although I really don't need to worry about that. She'll get me a nice pair of socks instead Wink ).
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Not that I didn't believe you CeCe but I had to see for myself. They have the unrated special edition for $9.99 and it's eligible for free shipping. Oh Deeeeeebbbbbbyyyyyy! big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Maybe they asked for $400 just to see whose dumb enough to buy it?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm surprised such a classic is set at Walmart for that price. It's the one I have & love it!

Yeah I think the crazy pricers have the idea someone will believe there's something "special" about it or something. But you see this all the time on amazon lol
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Wish I could help you out there Red, but I have no darn clue.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Cheaps wrote:Wish I could help you out there Red, but I have no darn clue.

I told her how to do it Cheaps Smile
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Cheaps wrote:Wish I could help you out there Red, but I have no darn clue.

Thanks, Cheaps. Tony told me a very easy way to do it. I just have to pick up some disks. Mine are just CDs I realized last night.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 am

Tony, I just wanted to say Thank you again because I just used your suggestion and it worked perfectly! My dad is going to be so happy!!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 am

RedBedroom wrote:Tony, I just wanted to say Thank you again because I just used your suggestion and it worked perfectly! My dad is going to be so happy!!

Red I am very happy that it worked for you bear hug Easy wasn't it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:51 am