Posting on CC Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Posting on CC

Go down 
+5
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
CeCe
Shale
Tony Marino
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 pm

So I've been wondering, what motivates you to post something? In the beginning, I would post about anything. Even if I didn't really care about the topic, just for the sake of posting. I would(and still do) check all the latest threads almost everyday. I'd always find something to post about. Even if the post was a few sentences long.

Here are my questions: Do you guys post just to post? Do you go out of your way to find something to start a thread about even if you don't really care about a topic? How often do you check CC a day? When you log on CC, what's the first thing you do?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I post to share something relevant to me personally. Sometimes when I am happy I will post that it was a perfect beach day or a good day to bike to the Cinema.

I post links to my movie blurbs on another site (I used to post the whole blurb with pix but few here are interested in new movies so I just do a quick link)

Sometimes a news event or video I will want to share to see what others think.

I never post just to post and you may notice I don't get all thrilled about the numbers. (Does it help the board to get more numbers? if so I guess I could intentionally put more one-word posts up) But I only post when I have something to say, whether a paragraph explaining my view or a co-signs

I check in periodically during the day, like now at work when no one is over my shoulder. At home on weekends whenever I get online I make my rounds here, Hip Forums and Facebook (plus another site you don't need to know about Blue Cool )
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Shale wrote:
I post to share something relevant to me personally. Sometimes when I am happy I will post that it was a perfect beach day or a good day to bike to the Cinema.

I post links to my movie blurbs on another site (I used to post the whole blurb with pix but few here are interested in new movies so I just do a quick link)

Sometimes a news event or video I will want to share to see what others think.

I never post just to post and you may notice I don't get all thrilled about the numbers. (Does it help the board to get more numbers? if so I guess I could intentionally put more one-word posts up) But I only post when I have something to say, whether a paragraph explaining my view or a co-signs

I check in periodically during the day, like now at work when no one is over my shoulder. At home on weekends whenever I get online I make my rounds here, Hip Forums and Facebook (plus another site you don't need to know about Blue Cool )

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:59 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 pm

bump

Bump again from the third page where it was pushed when a missing member posted on every dead thread for the past two months. blank stare @ you

I liked the questions and would like to see more input now that frantic catch-up posting has slowed.
Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm

This is one of the first places I come to in the morning, one of the main reasons being that I genuinely like the people here. Sometimes the threads are about serious issues, sometimes just the weather, what you're drinking, an opinion about a certain food or the color of your underwear. But it's always a pleasant experience. It's a little bit of everything with people I enjoy. This board is really like no other one out there for me.

And I probably check CC 5000 times a day Smile
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
So I've been wondering, what motivates you to post something? In the beginning, I would post about anything. Even if I didn't really care about the topic, just for the sake of posting. I would(and still do) check all the latest threads almost everyday. I'd always find something to post about. Even if the post was a few sentences long.

Here are my questions: Do you guys post just to post?

Sometimes.

Do you go out of your way to find something to start a thread about even if you don't really care about a topic?

No.

How often do you check CC a day?

When I had internet, about twice a day.

When you log on CC, what's the first thing you do?

Go back to wherever I left off.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 pm

LOL. I didn't know it was a problem to resurrect "dead" topics from two months ago. Especially since everybody else does. If I see a topic that I want to comment on, I will do it. I didn't realize there was a "timeframe" for doing so. Is this a rule you guys made up in my absence? Hope not.....cause Nystyle is about to go and "resurrect" some more...... Posting on CC 429815
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 am

Here are my questions: Do you guys post just to post? No, I don't. If I am watching a movie or television while posting, I may click a topic I am less interested in just because I am killing time.

Do you go out of your way to find something to start a thread about even if you don't really care about a topic? I probably have posted things I thought others would like without having a huge interest in the subject matter. But that is rare.

How often do you check CC a day? It completely depends on the day. At times I don't log on for a few days. Other days when work is slow, I check in a lot. Or on weekend nights, I check in several times if I am home.

When you log on CC, what's the first thing you do? I always check the main page first unless I have a personal message.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
LOL. I didn't know it was a problem to resurrect "dead" topics from two months ago. Especially since everybody else does. If I see a topic that I want to comment on, I will do it. I didn't realize there was a "timeframe" for doing so. Is this a rule you guys made up in my absence? Hope not.....cause Nystyle is about to go and "resurrect" some more...... Posting on CC 429815

LOL of course not.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Here are my questions: Do you guys post just to post? Do you go out of your way to find something to start a thread about even if you don't really care about a topic? How often do you check CC a day? When you log on CC, what's the first thing you do?

To answer my own questions I post because I want to post, sometimes I get in the mood to post excessively and sometimes I don't post much at all. I try my best to post topics I think people will be interested in so we can start a long discussion.

Since I am a global moderator I try to read as many topics as I can in the discussion groups, I like how everyone here thinks and I like the topics and answers I read. Everyone here contributes, we don't judge one another and that is what makes it feel so much like a family.

When I log on here first thing I do is check all the categories to see where the newer posts are. I am on here mostly during the week during the day hours. I pop on during the weekend and sometimes I post and sometimes I just read what is being posted.

I really like this group of people that have become my internet family and I like spending time here with you all. I have learned something from each and every one of you and I continue to learn.

Oh and where are you going to find an Admin as hot and nice as Chris??? Smile

bear hug to all!!

Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
...Oh and where are you going to find an Admin as hot and nice as Chris??? Smile

bear hug to all!!

Apparently he has been found - just noticed he's back again. yay
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Shale wrote:

Apparently he has been found - just noticed he's back again. yay

cool dance RIGHT ON!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
So I've been wondering, what motivates you to post something?

Like an adult diaper, it depends. If by "post" you mean start a topic, it may be because I thought something was interesting, bizarre, funny, provacative, etc. I'll post in response to just about any topic to put my 2¢ in. Maybe to offer encouragement, give an opposing point of view or be a smart ass. I try to stay away from real downer topics. If I'm posting about a movie, I try to do a search to see if it's already been done.

In the beginning, I would post about anything. Even if I didn't really care about the topic, just for the sake of posting. I would(and still do) check all the latest threads almost everyday. I'd always find something to post about. Even if the post was a few sentences long.

Here are my questions: Do you guys post just to post?

No

Do you go out of your way to find something to start a thread about even if you don't really care about a topic?

No

How often do you check CC a day?

Typically at least three times. Morning, noon and night.

When you log on CC, what's the first thing you do?

Often, I'll check the "View posts since last visit" feature.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Here are my questions:

Do you guys post just to post? Sometimes, I suppose. That's what I do in the game chamber.

Do you go out of your way to find something to start a thread about even if you don't really care about a topic? Nope

How often do you check CC a day? I try to check at least once a day, I may go a day (sometimes 2) without checking.

When you log on CC, what's the first thing you do? Usually go to Alcove Discussion
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Not everyday because I don't go on the Internet everyday. When I do check I look to see what's new. I am on a couple of other message boards but this one has the most unusual topics and the most intersting people.

The best thing is no one here is so full of themselves that they can't take a joke or even a bit of criticism which is more than I can say for some of the boards I am on.

I do have a confession to make though, the nice person who invited me here from that other board was kind enough to include me here but I never did ask who he was on the other board. Is it too late to do that now or is the identity to remain a mystery forever more?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Minerva wrote:
...I do have a confession to make though, the nice person who invited me here from that other board was kind enough to include me here but I never did ask who he was on the other board. Is it too late to do that now or is the identity to remain a mystery forever more?
Same here. IDK who invited me here but it was from Hip Forums.

I just checked my Personal Messages there on 09-27-10 (my join date here) and found a mystery PM from DTG, whom I didn't know:

Hey Shale,

I have noticed quite a few of your posts around this forum, and have found myself tending to agree with much of what you have to say. I just started a new general discussion forum called THE CONVERSATION CHAMBER. We talk about everything from music, movies, TV, daily life, etc., etc. Since I enjoy a lot of what you've posted here, I wanted to invite you to it.

Check it out. Would love to have you there.

Here's the link.
https://conversationchamber.forumotion.net/

Thanks
- DTG

OK, is it Chris who "just started a new general discussion forum?" Interesting thing about DTG on Hip Forum - even tho he was a member sinced March 2010 he only made one post there and hasn't logged on there since April 2011.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 am

Chris invited me from IMDb. bear hug
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 am

Shale wrote:

I just checked my Personal Messages there on 09-27-10 (my join date here) and found a mystery PM from DTG, whom I didn't know:

Hey Shale,

I have noticed quite a few of your posts around this forum, and have found myself tending to agree with much of what you have to say. I just started a new general discussion forum called THE CONVERSATION CHAMBER. We talk about everything from music, movies, TV, daily life, etc., etc. Since I enjoy a lot of what you've posted here, I wanted to invite you to it.

Here's the link.
http://www.conversationchamber.com/

Thanks
- DTG

OK, is it Chris who "just started a new general discussion forum?" Interesting thing about DTG on Hip Forum - even tho he was a member sinced March 2010 he only made one post there and hasn't logged on there since April 2011.

I got the same exact message, word for word, when I was still in the forums at Nine Inch Nails' webpage, nin.com. Someone joined just to PM me--well minus the "Shale" part. LOL It was addressed to my username over there.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Shale wrote:

Hey Shale,

Here's the link.
http://www.conversationchamber.com/

Thanks
- DTG

Im sure it was Chris, his screen name used to be Doyen.

Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

Posting on CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting on CC   Posting on CC EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 pm

LOL! I feel as though I have been "harvested!"
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino