Petroleum jelly Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Petroleum jelly

Go down 
+3
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 pm

If I had a brain I'd be dangerous.

People probably remember me saying several times about how bad my dry skin is and nothing works on it. Finally I got the idea to try putting petroleum jelly on my cracked hands and wearing gloves to bed, and the next day they were a LOT better. So then I decided to try it in other places, it's definitely not the most comfortable thing to do, when you have to coat your whole body in thick layers of it you feel like the inside of a can of tuna, heavy on the oil. But after a couple nights of that, the sandpaper patches on my ribs are softer now than they've been in about 10 years. When I think of all the money I wasted buying all those lotions trying to improve all those dry spots, and a big jar of petroleum jelly is less than $3.

If you've got dry skin this winter, I definitely recommend trying this.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Uh.....you're about 100 yrs late. Most of the lotions that you buy in the store aren't natural lubricants....like petroleum jelly. They're fragrant chemicals and don't do any real good when it comes to moisturizing your skin and keeping the ash away.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Lotion I use works just fine. But If my skin ever gets to be on the drier side, then yes I would use petroleum jelly.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 pm

I do that a lot. Normally I scrub down with a homemade sugar and olive oil scrub, apply baby oil while my skin is still damp from the shower, towel off, then mix my petroleum jelly with regular lotion and slip into some thermals....

....that actually sounds like a good idea right about now. Curling up next to a literally hot man is optional, but it'll keep your body temperature ridiculously high cheers
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Cheaps wrote:
Lotion I use works just fine. But If my skin ever gets to be on the drier side, then yes I would use petroleum jelly.

Just don't use it with anything made of latex! Wink
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am

Supernova wrote:
If I had a brain I'd be dangerous.

People probably remember me saying several times about how bad my dry skin is and nothing works on it. Finally I got the idea to try putting petroleum jelly on my cracked hands and wearing gloves to bed, and the next day they were a LOT better. So then I decided to try it in other places, it's definitely not the most comfortable thing to do, when you have to coat your whole body in thick layers of it you feel like the inside of a can of tuna, heavy on the oil. But after a couple nights of that, the sandpaper patches on my ribs are softer now than they've been in about 10 years. When I think of all the money I wasted buying all those lotions trying to improve all those dry spots, and a big jar of petroleum jelly is less than $3.

If you've got dry skin this winter, I definitely recommend trying this.

My sister mixes a little cocoa butter in with the petroleum Jelly and she uses it on her skin, she swears by it. My cousin also uses the same ingredients on the kids winter eczema and she swears by it too.

Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Just don't use it with anything made of latex! Wink

And don't get it NEAR cyberskin! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm

CeCe wrote:

And don't get it NEAR cyberskin! Shocked

Found out the hard way? cries

big grin (And no, I didn't learn the hard way about latex Wink
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 pm

ROFLMAO!

It certainly has to be treated as the very special invention it is lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Petroleum jelly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petroleum jelly   Petroleum jelly Empty

Back to top Go down

Petroleum jelly
Page 1 of 1