Gender neutral easy bake ovens Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gender neutral easy bake ovens

Go down 
+11
TheEnglishButterfly
Nhaiyel
Cheaps
Nystyle709
CatEyes10736
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Chris
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Gender neutral easy bake ovens Empty
PostSubject: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

There's a movement to have Hasbro introduce an easy bake over for little boys, or to start promoting the one that they market now in a more 'gender neutral' way. Do you think that this something that they should do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:01 am

I think it fine for a boy to have an Easy Bake oven just like it's fine for a girl to play with Tonka trucks.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am

face palm This is a Jersey connection. The 13 year old girl whose petitioning for this is from Garfield. If the silver and black models they said they will begin producing just sit on the shelves, I have no problem with Hasbro saying "stuff this in your oven and bake it" and then go back to just "the girl" colors. If they sell more...fine.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:40 am

I don't really have a problem with it since cooking/baking is done by men all the time. (Especially us Italians. Razz )
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Absolutely. I saw this in the news last week or the week before.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:34 pm

I would probably be annoyed by the whole thing if it wasn't for the fact all this was initiated by a child.

It is what it is. If a boy likes to bake, God Bless him. Not sure why he needs a gender neutral oven to do so.

At the end of it, the company will possibly benefit because the non-pink design is going to make the oven more appealing to older kids, leading to more sales.

Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:22 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I would probably be annoyed by the whole thing if it wasn't for the fact all this was initiated by a child.

It is what it is. If a boy likes to bake, God Bless him. Not sure why he needs a gender neutral oven to do so.

At the end of it, the company will possibly benefit because the non-pink design is going to make the oven more appealing to older kids, leading to more sales.

It has more to do with the color than anything so instead of pink he can have blue.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 pm

I don't think there needs to be much in the way of putting this out. If a little boy wants an Easy Bake Oven, then his parents should just buy him one.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
Gender neutral easy bake ovens 415131758 This is a Jersey connection. The 13 year old girl whose petitioning for this is from Garfield. If the silver and black models they said they will begin producing just sit on the shelves, I have no problem with Hasbro saying "stuff this in your oven and bake it" and then go back to just "the girl" colors. If they sell more...fine.

Basically. This was a waste of damn time and money IMO. In general, the world's best chefs today ARE men. And I'm almost positive they didn't look how to cook or bake in no damn Easy Bake Oven. People don't know how to leave well enough alone. Let all the "girly" toys be marketed for girls and the "boy" toys be marketed for boys. Goddamn, they're going to figure out their sexuality and gender and all of that good stuff in due time.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
I don't think there needs to be much in the way of putting this out. If a little boy wants an Easy Bake Oven, then his parents should just buy him one.

It was his 13 year old sister who wanted to get him one (he had asked for it) but I think the story was that he didn't want one in a "girl's color". The kid is 4. Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Sure, go for it. Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm

In theory, having a boys edition to an Easy Bake Oven would be the fair and balanced thing to do. And there's certainly nothing wrong with a boy showing interest in the culinary arts, as most chefs are men. But the reality is that little girls show more of an interest in having things like Easy Bake Oven's as toys than boys do, and that a male edition probably wouldn't sell (no matter what color it is.) That's something that the company has to consider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
TheEnglishButterfly
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
TheEnglishButterfly

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 am

You know what I say.... the easy bake oven is absolute crap for girls OR boys. Parents... take the time to bake with your kid whether they be boy OR girl. Great bonding moment. But I suppose if kids wanted to bake themselves they can use a toy for it. But my qualm is that for the price of a kit to cook shit in the oven, they can make an actual big batch that tastes better in the oven. Seriously, on amazon they have 12 mixes for 18 bucks. Have you seen the serving sizes of those things? They are TINY! You can buy the ingredients to make a ton of cookies that taste 100 times better for less than 17. Getting all the flour, baking powder, sugar, etc... you can bake tons and tons of stuff and not be confined to tiny bite size cookies. Thats why I dont like it. So sure, make it gender neutral or make some boy ones. But all in all.... take time to spend with your kids and bake better food!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:12 am

TheEnglishButterfly wrote:
You know what I say.... the easy bake oven is absolute crap for girls OR boys. Parents... take the time to bake with your kid whether they be boy OR girl. Great bonding moment. ...
When I was a kid, pre-teen I suppose, I remember baking oatmeal cookies pretty much from the recipe with my mom supervising. Once or twice I helped bake a cake but the oatmeal cookies were a regular. I also used to help fix supper, remember mixing the hamburger, eggs, breadcrumbs, onions for meatloaf. (smelled so good I ate some of it raw - you could do that in the '50s without salmonella).

And, look at me I turned out just fine with no conflicting sex role assignment. Well, maybe a little gay big grin but still made a good husband who did all the cooking while we were married.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Eh. How about an Easy Bake Grill instead? If the boy is that bent on cooking, it better be some steaks....
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
In theory, having a boys edition to an Easy Bake Oven would be the fair and balanced thing to do. And there's certainly nothing wrong with a boy showing interest in the culinary arts, as most chefs are men. But the reality is that little girls show more of an interest in having things like Easy Bake Oven's as toys than boys do, and that a male edition probably wouldn't sell (no matter what color it is.) That's something that the company has to consider.

Agree. Nothing wrong with boys having one but most boys probably wouldn't. Gender nuetral colors wouldn't be a bad idea tho.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:23 am

The Easy Bake Ovens are little because kids are little. Easy bake ovens are kid-size so kids know it is specifically for them. Even though it looks cheezy to adults, it looks just right to a kid.

I think the color issue is a valid one since it was raised by a kid. If it concerns them, than it should be addressed because after all, it's something for them. I like the idea of things being available in all colors anyway. Why should it only be pink?

From what I have heard, parents and kids like the idea. So it's a win-win situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gender neutral easy bake ovens   Gender neutral easy bake ovens Empty

Back to top Go down

Gender neutral easy bake ovens
Page 1 of 1