CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
Shale
CeCe
FireIce918
8 posters

It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To!

FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

2cents It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To!

Post by FireIce918 Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:12 am

Do you feel like you have the "right" to be a little selfish on your birthday, or ask for more attention than usual? Would you be upset if things didn't go your way?

I'm not referring to being a brat or @$$hole...I'm talking things like asking for your favorite foods, requesting the presence of available friends to go to a particular spot with you (if affordable), not entertaining anybody else's mini crisis, or just simply expecting close friends to call or text to say "Happy Birthday?"
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

2cents Re: It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To!

Post by FireIce918 Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:21 am

My birthday was on Sunday. It's bad enough I compete with Christmas and New Years for attention, but that's a battle that Sunday Night Football NEVER LOSES.

ANNNNNNNNNND I'm in Redskins territory.

Needless to say, the majority of people who see me on a regular basis "forgot" it was my birthday. Unless my name was RG3, nobody was worried about me! ALL my plans were dashed; aside from my immediate family, I saw nobody and did nothing. A handful of people texted belated wishes the next day....and another handful thought they were on time.

Yes, I was bummed, because I rarely ask anybody to do anything--I tend to do a lot by myself instead of try to coordinate with others. Made me wonder if there's something wrong with me. thinking
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 am

I'm sorry FireIce918 sad Of course there's nothing wrong with you. People close to you shouldn't have their head so far up their ass they forget your birthday. I understand having a birthday close to another holiday & that sucks too. I've only been on sporadically with the holidays & even though it's late, Happy Birthday big hugz

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:41 am

I am the opposite.

Since my late teen years when the B'day hoopla lost relevance, I have wanted ppl to leave me alone on my B'day to reflect on the passing milestone in my personal way. Unfortunately, it is not a Scorpio world. Everybody else thinks it is a time for THEM to celebrate. Once my friends actually gave me a surprise party - to which I feigned surprised cheer even tho I loathe surprise parties.

For most of a decade I have had my Russian boss and co-workers give me B'day presents. Couldn't even understand how they remembered it but found out it is the day after the Russian Revolution. Finally in these economic times they are backing off that.

However, my most enjoyable B'day was this past one, my 68th because my French Canadian friend who I met just a week before spent it with me sharing great sex and later great food at an outside cafe and he even insisted on buying me a very expensive gift. I think he loves my old ass Blue Cool
    It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To! 2012_111

That may be the kind of B'day you would enjoy and I was thoroly blown away by it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:53 am

FireIce918 wrote:My birthday was on Sunday. It's bad enough I compete with Christmas and New Years for attention,...

Oh, belated Happy Birthday from a virtual stranger if that helps. blank stare @ you

BTW this pic hits home:
    It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To! Christmas-presents-not-combined-birthday-ecard-someecards
    My great-grandson was born on Xmas Day.

Even tho I joked about how convenient and economical that would be over his childhood years - how do ppl deal with the Xmas B'day child?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 am

cries

big hugz

It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To! 600

(Bobby feels positively wretched about your birthday!)

It's My Birthday, I'll Cry If I F****** Want To! Ecards-auto-215988
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Not quite. If people close to me forget (which hardly happens) I might get pissy, but I'll get over it. Happy belated!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Happy belated birthday. I don't really want friends to acknowledge my birthday, so I can't relate. I am sure their negligence only has to do with the business of the end of December and nothing at all to do with how they feel about you.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 pm

FireIce918 wrote:Do you feel like you have the "right" to be a little selfish on your birthday, or ask for more attention than usual? Would you be upset if things didn't go your way?

I'm not referring to being a brat or @$$hole...I'm talking things like asking for your favorite foods, requesting the presence of available friends to go to a particular spot with you (if affordable), not entertaining anybody else's mini crisis, or just simply expecting close friends to call or text to say "Happy Birthday?"

Yes and yes.

I feel same way and usually get it on my birthday. Hope that never stops... royal
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 pm

FireIce918 wrote:My birthday was on Sunday. It's bad enough I compete with Christmas and New Years for attention, but that's a battle that Sunday Night Football NEVER LOSES.

ANNNNNNNNNND I'm in Redskins territory.

Needless to say, the majority of people who see me on a regular basis "forgot" it was my birthday. Unless my name was RG3, nobody was worried about me! ALL my plans were dashed; aside from my immediate family, I saw nobody and did nothing. A handful of people texted belated wishes the next day....and another handful thought they were on time.

Yes, I was bummed, because I rarely ask anybody to do anything--I tend to do a lot by myself instead of try to coordinate with others. Made me wonder if there's something wrong with me. thinking

There's nothing wrong with you, and I would feel incredibly bummed if this were to happen to me. I'm sorry. Happy Belated birthday though!! big hugz
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by FireIce918 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks everybody!

I feel a little better about it, I think what Red said is true--a lot of the "forgetfulness" seems to be due to people running around trying to get right before going back to work while having to simultaneously deal with kids out of school, friends and relatives coming in and out of town, or something else.

Next time I'll wear a Cowboys jersey and walk in the nearest bar holding a big azz sign with Calvin pissing on a Redskins helmet. THAT will get everybody's attention!

(Might not make for a happy bday in VA though LOL)
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by FireIce918 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:54 am

Shale wrote:Even tho I joked about how convenient and economical that would be over his childhood years - how do ppl deal with the Xmas B'day child?[/size][/color]

I used to date somebody who was born on Christmas (that was rough LOL). He would celebrate his bday before Christmas so he wouldn't get the combo gifts.

Or, you can wrap a designated bday gift in "Happy Birthday" paper and the rest in Christmas paper....
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Happy Birthday!! I do believe you should be spoiled on your birthday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:23 am