CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
RobbieFTW
Jason B.
CatEyes10736
kinetic
Kral
Nystyle709
CeCe
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Chris
14 posters

What's your opinion of Purity Rings?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What's your opinion of Purity Rings? Empty What's your opinion of Purity Rings?

Post by Chris Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:58 am

Some fathers would breathe a sigh of relief at their daughters wearing one, and while I wouldn't be upset if I saw mine with one on, I would tell her to keep it as more of a souvenir. Not to wear it in public. Some may see it as making a declaration of committed virginity, but I see them as calling attention to kids sexualities. I imagine that some boys see girls with them on as tasks to conquer.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

What's your opinion of Purity Rings? Empty Re: What's your opinion of Purity Rings?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:17 am

I don't feel one need call attention to themselves. A pledge to purity doesn't need to be worn on your sleeve(or wrist or finger Razz). It's a personal commitment. So yeah, I find them unnecessary to the actual point they supposedly have. A ring isn't going to keep you pure, a firm will can.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What's your opinion of Purity Rings? Empty Re: What's your opinion of Purity Rings?

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:50 am

Exactly, WHAT is the point in them? In two years the majority of the wearers won't be having any use for them anyway, marriage or no marriage and preferably no marriage and probably for most of them, no meaningful relationship whatsoever.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Don't see the point of them at all.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:24 pm

It's supposed to stop you from being a virgin or something? I think it's baloney....but oh well....
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Those are the dumbest things ever. They are just another faddish fashion accessory.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 pm

The whole commercial "purity" movement is lame. VH1 recently aired a special on it and talked about daughters pledging their "purity" to their fathers and even having "purity balls", where they get all dressed up with dad and daughter dancing. The whole thing comes off as sanctimonious, hokey and incestuously creepy at the same time. If you aren't interested in having sex right now then don't, no one needs to know about it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Except whoever you're dating, and probably not even then unless it comes to that.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:50 pm

^^^^Nah, I think you gotta be upfront about that with anybody you date or else it'll lead to heartbreak. No use getting into a relationship if you can't agree on something fundamental like that. So I say you both need to be on the same page up front in this area.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 am

It's another teenage fad. They decided to take a very old puritan concept and "trendy" it up with apparel to make it shiny to kids.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 am

Even when I was a teenager I never caught on to any of that. 'Ooooooh, I gotta ring on my finger, a'....what do these things cost anyway? About $2 or something? 'cheap ring, that really signifies something', biiiiiiiiig whoop.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:39 am

I think a "Kick Me Hard" sign on the back would be more fashionable than a damn "Purity Ring".

Load of absolute fucking crap. If you don't want to have sex, don't. You no more need a ring to proclaim it then you need a screen door on a submarine.

There was a report a while ago that over 80% of those who took the abstinence pledge that comes with the ring broke it, and didn't have safe sex as they had been brainwashed into thinking that condoms never work.

Learn about sex, have proper sex education, then if and when you want to, have sex. Not before.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 am

1st of all, fuck these rings. They are just price tags advertising the price of someone's virginity. You don't need a ring to tell people that you will not have sex until marriage. Why are some advertising that they don't have sex as if it's anyone else's business but their own? Aren't some things supposed to be private? Doesn't that play into the whole concept of virginity?

2nd of all, I personally don't like the idea of it being implied that non-virgins are "impure" because they've had sex. I mean, this snotty superiority some people have with this virginity/purity fad is lame. Sex is as big a deal as you want to make it. Have it or don't, so long as you play safe then it really shouldn't matter.

Now everybody go get laid! big grin
    sex sex (doggystyle) :sex2:
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 am

Abstinence in it of itself is not a bad thing, but these Purity Rings to be honest with you are every bit as much an attention grab as someone walking around in public and it's clear that they don't have any underwear on. They're overrated.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Not effective or necessary, IMO.
    stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

Post by stonestatic Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:25 pm

I think it's lame to promote your personal sexuality first of all. Also when you think about it, really what it is is a roundabout way of indirectly promoting sex. Disney starlit talks about her virginity and now teenage boys and dirty middle age men are thinking about peeling her. It's ok if some stars would rather not push sex and sexy imagery, but commercializing virginity isn't the "rebuttal" IMO.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I personally don't see anything wrong with wearing purity rings or the meaning behind them. If a person decides to remain pure till marriage, then they should be proud to show that because it is so rare in our society. There is so much sexual promiscuity, so I think it's refreshing to see someone who actually has standards.

Like one poster mentioned, it's not just the ring, it's a strong will too. Would it be hard to save yourself for marriage? Absolutely, but it's been done before and it can continue to be done. In no way is it "faddish" (because no one follows it) or "baloney" - it's called individualism.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:39 am