CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RedBedroom
Shale
Supernova
7 posters

Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter Empty Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:10 am

Do you do it as often in the winter as in the warmer months when they're actually likely to be seen?

Personally, no, because when I shave mine, I can always feel a draft through my jeans the next day for some reason, and in cold weather that is NOT a good thing.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter Empty Re: Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter

Post by Shale Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 am

Why shave your legs at all? blank stare @ you

Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter Womanlegsweb
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter Empty Re: Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 am

No I don't shave as often.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm

RedBedroom wrote:No I don't shave as often.

Before you get to this point?
    Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter Mexican_red_kneed_tarantula_Big
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm not a hairy person, so I don't need to shave my legs like that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Not nearly as often
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 am

i dont wear shorts in the summer... or even capris for the matter... and when your man is deployed, everything gets hairy!!! LOL

But like Shale said, not everyone likes smooth legs. We took a poll one time at work when one of my black female coworkers talked about how her hubby loved natural hair on a woman. We decided to try to figure out if it was a race thing, or just a personal thing. We asked 30 men... 10 each of black, white, and Filipino. the white guys had 2 that liked hair, the black guys had 3, and the filipinos said they dont care as long as they arent tattooed (apparently if you have a tattoo in the Phillipines, you got it in prison-- and others look down on you--go figure). Different stokes for different folks lol
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 am

wants2laugh wrote:i dont wear shorts in the summer... or even capris for the matter... and when your man is deployed, everything gets hairy!!! LOL

But like Shale said, not everyone likes smooth legs. We took a poll one time at work when one of my black female coworkers talked about how her hubby loved natural hair on a woman. ...

I did an article on Hair Acceptance in the 2002 and there is more acceptance among black women not to shave their pits. (My wife among them).
    http://home.earthlink.net/~robwrites/id31.html

An Excerpt:
    "Those of us who have an appreciation of natural body hair on women are considered strange in the mainstream American culture. Outside the "mainstream" American culture, there is a subcultural appreciation of the unshaven woman's armpits among black Americans. I don't know the percentage, but by observation among the black women that I know, there is a considerable number who don't shave their underarms.

My wife, who was black, didn't shave and most of her sisters don't. At my workplace in Miami, there are numerous black women who occasionally wear sleeveless dresses and reveal unshaved pits."

My wife didn't shave her pits or legs, but as with a lot of black ppl and Asians, her legs weren't furry like some Europeans.

Some History of Female Shaving:

"The theory is that American women started shaving in the first decades of the 20th century when dress cuts started showing more leg, and sleeveless dresses showing underarms. American women became the target of a new marketing claim that they needed to be "clean" shaven. In May of 1915, Harper's Bazaar magazine featured a dress advertisement photo of a young woman with her arm raised and a perfectly smooth armpit with the caption, "Summer Dress and Modern Dancing combine to make necessary the removal of objectionable hair." Shortly thereafter, the shocking term "underarm" was being used and a new market for razor blades was born.

The rest is modern American history where 9 out of 10 women shaved in 1996. This seems to be an Anglo thing, because other European cultures, with the exception of England, do not have that high a percentage of women who shave. There was an Australian study in 1998, primarily on Caucasian women with the same ratio of 9 out of 10 who shaved their legs and underarms. In 1991, even among strong feminists, 72% shaved their legs and/or underarms. Among lesbians it was 55%."

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

in 1985, my cousins visited from Germany... they didnt shave. we were shocked. lol

my friend kim threw up her leg onto a machine at work when we discussed and said "watch this". The first black guy to approach started rubbing on her leg saying something like, "Oh you know what turns me on, when all the hair swirls under the pantyhose" lol
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm

wants2laugh wrote:in 1985, my cousins visited from Germany... they didnt shave. we were shocked. lol

Found this on the Web. It was labeled "Miss Italy."
    Ladies, shaving your legs in the winter Missit10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:21 am