Holding doors open Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holding doors open

Go down 
+4
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Tony Marino
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm

When I know someone is behind me or if someone is coming near to a door I am at I will usually hold the door open for the person and if there is one thing that is guaranteed to piss me off its people who either don't acknowledge the fact you have or do and don't thank you. Now admittedly its my choice to do this and maybe I am just too polite but it is the way I am an how I have grown up.

But how about you? Do you hold doors open? Do you get angry if people don't notice you have done it? Is it outdated and old fashioned or do you think it is still a nice thing to do?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

I ALWAYS do this, I'm coming to be known as a human doorstop, most people acknowledge it, as I believe they should, I know when somebody holds the door to let me in I always thank them for it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Yes, I try to hold the door for others. I can't remember the last time someone didn't acknowledge the fact. If they don't...whatever.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:33 pm

i always do (at work we ALL do, it is a nice way that shows we are family while 100 ppl are leaving at one time)

The only ones who bother me are the ones who look dressy or snobby. It sounds so vain, but if you had 3 hours to do your hair and makeup, then you have a minute to say thank you. I dont expect the teenager with ripped up jeans to be as sophisticated or considerate enough to say thanks, but that is demonstrating my own prejudice.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 pm

I always look behind to see if anyone is behind me going in or out. I hold the door if they're within a reasonable distance. It's common courtesy. They generally say thanks, give "the nod" or something. Don't think anything about it if they don't, though.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Do you hold doors open?

In general, yes.

Do you get angry if people don't notice you have done it?

I won't get angry, but I do think it's impolite not to acknowledge it.

Is it outdated and old fashioned or do you think it is still a nice thing to do?

The latter.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Is it outdated and old fashioned or do you think it is still a nice thing to do?

Common courtesy should never become outdated. The world would be a nicer place if people didn't have to put themselves first in everything.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 pm

I always hold doors and I find people are usually thankful for it. When they aren't, I am giving them a mental middle finger.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Yes I do because I was raised that it is a polite thing to do. If someone says "Thank you," that's nice but I know I am doing the right thing so if they don't, well I'm still doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I always hold doors and I find people are usually thankful for it. When they aren't, I am giving them a mental middle finger.

The voice in Red's head
Holding doors open Tumblr_lzmn62RLtZ1r3zat8
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm

OMG, Al, I am laughing my ass off!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Minerva wrote:
Yes I do because I was raised that it is a polite thing to do. If someone says "Thank you," that's nice but I know I am doing the right thing so if they don't, well I'm still doing the right thing.

I can sometimes be a bit hot headed when I should not be Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am

As I said elsewhere, nephew, you're a hunka hunka burning love! But here's another question. When you hold the door for someone and they say "thank you", do you say, "you're welcome"? If you're the one who had the door held for them and you say "thank you", does it bother you if the person who held the door doesn't say "you're welcome"? LOL, oh where does it end?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holding doors open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding doors open   Holding doors open Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding doors open
Page 1 of 1