I caught the COOTIES! >=( Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I caught the COOTIES! >=(

Go down 
+7
Nystyle709
Shale
Alan Smithee
Supernova
wants2laugh
CeCe
FireIce918
11 posters
AuthorMessage
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

I caught the COOTIES! >=( Empty
PostSubject: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 am

Apparently it's been the worst flu season in five years. I didn't catch the flu, but I've had an upper respiratory infection that has taken me down since monday. thumbs down

Anybody else feeling like a walking germ?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am

I'm sorry sad Feel better soon! big hugz
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 am

Yep... me... had it over a week now... took off the past few days without pay... so guess what.. all that overtime i did for the holiday weekend meant NOTHING.. this sux
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 am

I noticed that they've been talking in the news about the hospitals filling up with flu patients, ever since I first saw The Stand, little announcements like that always make me nervous.

Anyway, we're trying not to get it. I had a dentist appointment today and this morning on the radio they were saying for the healthy people to avoid doctors' offices, and when they used the word 'pandemic', my mother called them up and cancelled my appointment. Just as well because we had borderline freezing rain today and I didn't want to be driving in that, but this is getting nuts. Hospitals overloaded with patients and in some places people are being FORCED to line up and get flu shots, even though an announcement was made earlier in the month or last month that you still get a flu, maybe not THE flu but you still get SOME form of it after the shot, what the hell? The whole thing seems nuts to me.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 am

Supernova wrote:
I noticed that they've been talking in the news about the hospitals filling up with flu patients, ever since I first saw The Stand, little announcements like that always make me nervous.

Never mind Stephen King's imagination. The flu pandemic of 1918 killed 1%-3% of the world's population.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 am

Get well soon FireIce!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Never mind Stephen King's imagination. The flu pandemic of 1918 killed 1%-3% of the world's population.

My great grandfather included. Grandma was 3 months from being born when it happened and she's always resented her father dying before she knew him.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Supernova wrote:

My great grandfather included. Grandma was 3 months from being born when it happened and she's always resented her father dying before she knew him.

Did your great grandmother have it too? If so, your grandmother should just be grateful she was born at all. Pregnant women often lost their babies.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Did your great grandmother have it too? If so, your grandmother should just be grateful she was born at all. Pregnant women often lost their babies.

Yeah I know, ironically even when it's the young and strong and healthy who are dropping like flies, the pregnant women are STILL at the bottom of that particular food chain. And to answer, no, somehow, for some reason, great grandma never got the flu. I heard that the reason the Spanish flu didn't kill too many of the older people was because they were left immune after having survived the Russian flu in I think the late 1890s, now there's one you never hear about.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks for the get well wishes, you guys are too kind big hugz

Meanwhile, I've been banned from work LOL. Like I care, since I don't like being there anydaggoneway. But for my safety and the safety of everyone else, it's been heavily suggested I stay home.

I really wish someone would go to a Redbox for me! So far I've slept, played on the computer, and watched so many daytime judge and talk shows that I dream of Judge Mathis and Ricki Lake!

This suuuuuuuuuucks.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

IDK which strain of flu is going around but a friend just sent me an e-mail with one tip on how to avoid the swine flu:

I caught the COOTIES! >=( Avoid_10
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Nope. I don't get sick. My immune system is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Feel better though!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Oh, firelace, hope you feel better soon. xoxo
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:26 pm

I get UR all the time and they are miserable. Last year I had it twice in a row!!!! Feel better!
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 pm

The flu is reaching epidemic around here in Mass. where I am. For December, just at the hospital where I work, we ran 206 rapid-flu tests in the lab, and 60 of those came up positive. We send out for confirmatory if they're negative, and while I don't have the stats on how many of those came back positive, I know it's a lot. I'm one of the people that releases the send-out results when they come back, and it's mind boggling how many of those confirms have been positive, so out of those 206 for December, the true positive number is actually quite high. Our inpatient floors are full with flu people and respiratory infections, and I've never seen it this bad in the 26 years I've been working in the lab. Wash your hands folks, and keep washing them after you touch anything public!
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:56 pm

FireIce918 wrote:
Apparently it's been the worst flu season in five years. I didn't catch the flu, but I've had an upper respiratory infection that has taken me down since monday. thumbs down

Anybody else feeling like a walking germ?

Boo!, I hope you feel better soon.

And yes, I been battling this head cold for just about a week now. I'm finally feeling better.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 pm

I use hand sanitizer constantly and keep my bare hands away from my face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I caught the COOTIES! >=(   I caught the COOTIES! >=( Empty

Back to top Go down

I caught the COOTIES! >=(
Page 1 of 1