Tea's Departure (8/11/10) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tea's Departure (8/11/10)

Go down 
+5
Forgiveness Man
tandmfan
Jason B.
Pilaring
gmruss4
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gmruss4
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
gmruss4

Female
Rep : 8

Tea's Departure (8/11/10) Empty
PostSubject: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 pm

I am not a cryer but her departure and goodbye to Todd and Dani today really tugged at the heart strings. I really felt bad for all three of them.
Back to top Go down
Pilaring
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Pilaring

Female
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 am

gmruss4 wrote:
I am not a cryer but her departure and goodbye to Todd and Dani today really tugged at the heart strings. I really felt bad for all three of them.

Today was gut-wrenching show packing a lot of emotional wallop in the way soaps should be MORE often. Call me a sap but I was sobbing from minute they brought out Money Hungry.

Todd choosing for TnT to playing Money Hungry (I'll forgive writers for renaming it from its' 98 scenes) one last time, this time with their kid too, was a welcomed homage to TnT history on a soap who too rarely mines the real rich histories of its couples. Another favorite part of today, Téa passing on her mom's necklace to her daughter, bravo, writers, what a walk down memory line that took this TnT fan.

Most emotional moment was the TnT alone scene. Téa telling Todd essentially what's always told him, you can be a better man. Don't do it for me anymore, but for our kid. I loved that TnT didn't get sentimental and sappy today b/c that's not who they are. I loved Todd's rigid posture resisting this goodbye with every fabric of his being. I need to see Todd FIGHT now to find Téa's location and as she said he never ever gives up or gives in. Go kick some Greg/Eli ASS, Todd!

Mostly I am glad that RC wrote Todd so loving and supportive of Téa's these last months, her ROCK. He finally came through for her as she has so many times saved him through his darkest hours... and I for one was very proud of him and grateful that a writer finally allowed him this character growth.

I can finally say I believe Todd loves Tea every bit as much as she's always loved him, with every fiber in his being. They really are written and acted as the loves of each other's lives.

Major kudos to Florencia, Kelley and Trevor today... from their body language to tortured eyes, every nuanced word and move was pitch perfect.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 am

It was heart tugging, but the whole time I watched I was thinking about how the writers were going to undo all this and how long it's gonna take.
Back to top Go down
Pilaring
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Pilaring

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:33 am

JB wrote:
It was heart tugging, but the whole time I watched I was thinking about how the writers were going to undo all this and how long it's gonna take.
That's my far, gmruss. How long before we get TnT scenes again? I fear months... and it will be hard to watch Todd and Dani mourn Téa. They are all 3 going to go thru hell and back.
Back to top Go down
tandmfan
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:00 am

The goodbye scenes were amazing. I loved every second of it and hope that Todd catches on to Eli quick and brings Tea back home.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:06 am

The scenes were great. Wish we got more of a montage of them like they gave for Blair/Tea though.
Back to top Go down
aublack40
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
aublack40

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 am

the scences were heartbreaking for todd and dani!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Those scenes were so heartbreaking! Blaire should have been left totally out of it. All TPTB have succeeded in doing by forcing Blaire into this is make me hate Blaire all the more. There should ahve been more montages - would have loved to see them start with Téa appearing outside of Todd's cell and trace the last couple of years of TnTnD.
Back to top Go down
Pilaring
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Pilaring

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
Those scenes were so heartbreaking! Blaire should have been left totally out of it. All TPTB have succeeded in doing by forcing Blaire into this is make me hate Blaire all the more. There should ahve been more montages - would have loved to see them start with Téa appearing outside of Todd's cell and trace the last couple of years of TnTnD.
I would have loved a montage too... but I am guessing RC is saving that for when Greg lies and tells Todd and Dani they arrived too late and she's already passed away. That's coming up end of month. Sniff.

Supposedly KM and TSJ filmed on location and I can so see them taking pennies to a fountain and making wishes for Téa and that's where we'll get the montage.
Back to top Go down
sue67
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
sue67

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Money Hunny vs Money Hungry   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:40 pm

The scenes were touching Tea was in character being a control freak and selfish trying to control everything to the bitter end, not talking it over with Todd like she should about Blair's role and wanting to die alone so that no one will see her weak.

Turning Money Hungry into Money Hunny is a perfect symbol of how the show has been cleansed of it's edgier parts the last few years watering down characters and even board games to be more correct like bright colored educational toys replacing cowboy hats and toy guns for the childrens own good by the self appointed nannies of the world.
Back to top Go down
LuvTnT
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
LuvTnT

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:40 pm

sue67 wrote:
The scenes were touching Tea was in character being a control freak and selfish trying to control everything to the bitter end, not talking it over with Todd like she should about Blair's role and wanting to die alone so that no one will see her weak.

Turning Money Hungry into Money Hunny is a perfect symbol of how the show has been cleansed of it's edgier parts the last few years watering down characters and even board games to be more correct like bright colored educational toys replacing cowboy hats and toy guns for the childrens own good by the self appointed nannies of the world.

Yep, Tea is definitely a control freak and I'm glad that the writers still wrote her very in-character. Todd nailed her when he was talking to Dani in her bedroom about how Tea doesn't feel like she has any control over this disease and that terrifies her. Todd knows his Tea well... and vice versa.

I enjoyed Tea telling Todd that she loves the "bastard" side of him, but that the better side needs to take over now. Todd, in doubt, questioned if the bastard side was pretty much as good as he gets. As ALWAYS, Tea believes in him and said so. Geez, I miss them already! That convo was completely TnT - true to form!

I heard that Money Hungry was changed to Money Honey for copyright reasons. I'm glad they were able to interact as a FAMILY for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm

I guess that would make sense if they had to change the name for copyright issues. They did that with Myspace for the David/Dorian mess - Myface? I think that's what it was.

I'm still not happy that Téa left Todd and Dani, but those scenes were really good - very moving and powerful. LOVED the scenes of Dani and Todd bonding over the meteor shower and in the aftermath of Téa leaving.
Back to top Go down
sue67
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
sue67

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Ok copy rights makes sense to me but I must be living in a cave Tea's Departure (8/11/10) Icon_surprised because I never heard of a game named Money Hungry Tea's Departure (8/11/10) 83645 .
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I haven't either. It looks a lot like Monopoly, though, so maybe just a variation on that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tea's Departure (8/11/10)   Tea's Departure (8/11/10) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tea's Departure (8/11/10)
Page 1 of 1