CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote Empty Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:20 am

I'm about 30 pages from the end of this book, it's definitely interesting, I'll give it that. I never saw the movie so I can't compare it. Has anybody else read it? Though one thing I don't understand, and maybe it's just how Holly/Lulamae/whatever, talks, but I heard in the book Holly had had an abortion, but I just remember her saying that she 'lost the heir', didn't really specify how.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote Empty Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 pm

I've only read In Cold Blood by Capote. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the entire movie either.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote Empty Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 pm

I finished the book, and it was good, but it was also one confusing as hell read, because the book says only Breakfast at Tiffany's, it doesn't say 'and 3 other stories', so I figured these short stories in the back, House of Flowers, the Diamond Guitar and A Christmas Memory, were all part of the same book and I thought these were other identities Holly assumed in her passing years, lol.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm

I've seen the movie a dozen times but never read the book until recently.
    Big difference in all the characters and now I can see what Capote was not thrilled with the movie version.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 pm