CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

More provocative

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

More provocative Empty More provocative

Post by Kral Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 am

Read that the soaps are now gonna be more provocative and may even have harsher language (F-bombs and what have you).
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

More provocative Empty Re: More provocative

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Not according to what I read today with the article from Prospect Park:

"We want to make the show as good creatively as we can."

Prospect Park's Jeff Kwatinetz reached out to Soaps.com exclusively to answer burning questions surrounding the online migration of "All My Children" and "One Life To Live" and to give us a glimpse of what to expect for the upcoming online reboots.

Though taping for "One Life To Live" isn't totally confirmed yet, "All My Children" will begin shooting scenes by the end of February. There will be four 30 minute episodes a week, Monday through Thursday, with five minutes of commercials. The advantages of this being advertisers will pay more for online viewing, which will reach more people. Details for Friday's episodes are still in the works but are planning to be a recap of sorts, containing special interviews and footage. "They're still being worked out," stated Kwatinetz.

One of the biggest questions fans have been asking is if there will be fees for the online viewing of their Pine Valley and Llanview soaps. "There will be multiple ways for them to watch," Kwatinetz explained. "Numerous ways to watch, one being free with commercials."

Another big question we've all been curious to know is whether or not the Llanview actors, Kristen Alderson (Starr Manning), Michael Easton (John McBain) and Roger Howarth (Todd Manning), who have since joined the cast and crossed over to "General Hospital" will be rejoining their first home on "One Life To Live." Kwatinetz shared, "It's not worked out yet. They [ABC] came to us and said, 'Will you guys license us these characters?' We [Prospect Park] didn't know 100% if we were going forward, so we allowed it. We wanted to do the right thing by the actors."

After the soap operas aired their last episodes on ABC, there were various opportunities for fans to purchase parts of the sets, which made many believe all the sets were sold. In regards to whether or not Prospect Park purchased any of the Pine Valley or Llanview sets the answer is no. "We found that some weren't in the greatest condition and not worth saving. There will be new ones," Kwatinetz divulged. "I've seen some of the drawings for our new ones."

There have always been limitations to how far networks can go in regards to the more risqué storylines. When asked what to expect for the online version, Kwatinetz stated, "This is what I think is important… We don't want to do anything to shock people or to do things to make a statement. The idea is to do what's best for the storytelling. The advantages of being online give the actors and writers more creativity. We can't go too far because we still are advertiser based and certainly don't want to offend people. We want the storylines to be more relevant to current issues and what people are going through - though somewhat edgier and sexier at times. But it's all to service to story."

Though Kwatinetz couldn't give any teasers for what's to come for the first episodes, he wanted to thank the fans for all of their support and for believing in them. "I hope that everyone understands we really care about making these shows the best they can be and taking the heart and all the great things about them and continuing them…giving actors and writers a little more freedom. We have the best intentions and want to make the shows as good creatively as we can. That's our goal."

Soaps.com looks forward to this new venture and the excitement it will bring to see the characters from Pine Valley and Llanview come back to life!

http://soaps.sheknows.com/latestnews/id/30993

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Edgier and sexier sounds lazy to me. It's crutches for poor storytelling.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:44 am

Thanks Tony. That clears that up. I wasn't too keen on the idea of harsher language, but if the show is still ad-based like it was on the networks then chances are they'll still be limits not crossed.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Kral wrote:Thanks Tony. That clears that up. I wasn't too keen on the idea of harsher language, but if the show is still ad-based like it was on the networks then chances are they'll still be limits not crossed.

Would be odd to hear Natalie tell John to go fuck himself LOL!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:15 am