'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'

Go down 
+6
RobbieFTW
Impact
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
tmontyb
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' Empty
PostSubject: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 am

http://jezebel.com/5976966/bishop-takes-a-bath-photo-with-his-young-granddaughter-makes-a-lot-of-people-uncomfortable

Quote :
Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable
'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' Original
Laura Beck

I love Instagram and I also enjoy sharing pictures of the young ones in my life. My niece cuddling my dogs? Check. My nephew posing as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? Done it. Me and six-year-old niece taking a topless bubble bath together? Yeah, no.

Bishop Larry Trotter, a high profile senior pastor at an 8,000-member mega-church on Chicago's south side, is having to answer to his congregation, and an even more unforgiving internet, for posting a photo of himself and a young girl taking a bubble bath together to his Instagram. Oy. Apparently nobody told him Instagram is for nail art and cats wearing hats, not for whatever this shit is.

According to Bishop Trotter, the girl in the photo is his four-year-old granddaughter. He says she was visiting with her parents for the weekend when she came into the bathroom and asked to get in the tub. Madame Noir reports that Trotter claims both he and his granddaughter were wearing swim trunks and the mother of the child, who took the picture, was present for the five minutes the child was in the tub. As far as the photo being uploaded to Instagram, the Bishop says another family member with access to his Instagram account posted it.

A few points jump out at me: do they make swim trunks for little girls? And since Instagram is a phone app, how many people would've had access to the Bishop's phone?

Facebook is on fire, with hundreds of people sharing the photo with comments like "That's inappropriate. Kids r dealing with molestation within there [sic] own family. That's crazy. Not saying he's that type of person but no parent should find this appropriate," and "So sick on so many levels....."

A few questions: Is it creepy for a grandfather to take a bath with his four-year-old granddaughter? What about if they're both in swimsuits? I know my dad has definitely been in hot tubs with his granddaughters, but those were in public places and yeah, swimsuits were involved. Was the person who posted this to Instagram trying to share something about the Bishop, or was it an innocent moment that's not appropriate for public consumption?

In an interview about the photo, the Bishop said "I'm not ashamed of what I did. I am ashamed and hurt that it is going out all over the world and people have called me everything from a child molestor to a pedophile to a narsty old man and how I should get out of the ministry –- the vulgarity has been terrible."

The name calling sucks, mainly because it's knee-jerk reactions like this — ones we're all guilty of making at times — that, if they gain traction, have the ability to ruin a person's life. I'm not sure what the deal with the photo is but do you think it's possible that the Bishop is just a dolt when it comes to social media, and doesn't have the best judgment in general? This is a man who used one of his granddaughters to stage a mock crucifixion, after all — evidence suggests he's a guy who just doesn't fully think things through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 am

Wow! It's probably innocent, but so inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Very inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Instagram is the devil.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Probably was innocent, but some innocent gestures and scenarios are taken too far. On the shallow surface, that looks very wrong.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 pm

tmontyb wrote:

ITA. Even if it was innocent it was still not appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:53 pm

tmontyb wrote:
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm

He should've known better than that.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 am

well.... it doesnt look good... but i keep reading this. He was in the tub (with trunks on? in the tub alone?), the kid walked into an UNLOCKED bathroom, and then the kid asked to get in (the kid asking i can believe).

I have pics of me and my bro in the tub at this age. I have pics of my sis bathing my 3 nephews in the tub together. I don't know if i see anything wrong with them being in the tub together if in fact they had bathing suits on. I just don't understand posting it.

I was wondering if someone in the family was mad at him and wanted to make it look bad. Perhaps its a liberal conspiracy to defrock a bishop LMAO!

he SHOULD have more sense than that in this day and age. Even my teenaged nephews were concerned about being alone with girls... they were aware that accusations of rape are easy to make, so shouldn't a bishop consider this too???? smh
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:34 pm

tmontyb wrote:

yeah that… I guess it's still better than a headline reading, "Bishop takes king's pawn to motel."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'   'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable' Empty

Back to top Go down

'Bishop Takes a Bath Photo With His Young Granddaughter, Makes a Lot of People Uncomfortable'
Page 1 of 1