CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Jason B.
Kral
6 posters

Latest casting gossip (spoiler)

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Latest casting gossip (spoiler) Empty Latest casting gossip (spoiler)

Post by Kral Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:17 am

Now they're saying saying Michael Easton, Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson will be staying at GH and won't be coming back to OLTL. Instead PP will be RECASTING John, Todd and Starr.

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/easton-howarth-and-alderson-gh

deranged
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Latest casting gossip (spoiler) Empty Re: Latest casting gossip (spoiler)

Post by Jason B. Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am

If true then that's ridiculous. You can't have a Todd, Starr and John existing at GH and another Todd, Starr and John simultaneously at OLTL. That's a contradiction and disturbs the continuity of the characters stories.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 am

I thought about too. It would be a farce to have 2 different versions of the same character existing at the same time under different circumstances. Maybe they'll have RH, KA and ME benched at GH and off camera while their recast characters come back to OLTL for a quick visit to get the show started again. Then the recasts leave and the regular versions resume at GH as if they had been in Llanview.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

If when the characters appear on OLTL they are only there as basically visiting guests, then it shouldn't cause too much of continuity conflict; especially if they reference their happenings at Port Charles. They couldn't be too involved in any story, though.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

I read that ABC and GH are letting PP have the Todd, John and Starr characters but are keeping RH, ME and KA. They'll be cast in new roles at GH. PP will then recast these characters for OLTL. This gets muckier and muckier. Waiting to seeing how this all plays out.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Even if they re-cast we will get used to them. They should have TSJ come back in the role of Todd.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 pm

^ I was thinking the same thing. What if it turned out that RH was actually Victor Jr.?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Chris wrote:^ I was thinking the same thing. What if it turned out that RH was actually Victor Jr.?

Even better LOL. You know I don't like RH so whatever they do with him is o.k. with me.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 pm

laughing I know.

Truth be told though, I'd rather have all OLTL characters exclusively on OLTL. So if RH stays at GH, then IMO he should play some non OLTL-based character. Since GH is into exports, they should try to arrange it so that Howarth's ATWT character can be used there. Shrugs (Oh well…)

At OLTL, I would love to see TSJ back as Todd (preferably) or Victor.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Chris wrote:laughing I know.

Truth be told though, I'd rather have all OLTL characters exclusively on OLTL. So if RH stays at GH, then IMO he should play some non OLTL-based character. Since GH is into exports, they should try to arrange it so that Howarth's ATWT character can be used there. Shrugs (Oh well…)

I also heard that if the re-boots of OLTL and AMC go over well they may resurrect ATWT as well so Howarth could go back to his role as Paul on ATWT as well. Valentini must be busting because OLTL was always his baby and I know he would like to be producing that show instead of GH.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Chris wrote:laughing I know.

I also heard that if the re-boots of OLTL and AMC go over well they may resurrect ATWT as well so Howarth could go back to his role as Paul on ATWT as well. Valentini must be busting because OLTL was always his baby and I know he would like to be producing that show instead of GH.

Yeah, I'm sure Valentini and Carlivati probably aren't too thrilled about not being able to continue at OLTL as they were originally supposed to. But personally, I think the show needed a new administrative perspective. I'm excited to see what this new EP and HW do.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Chris wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure Valentini and Carlivati probably aren't too thrilled about not being able to continue at OLTL as they were originally supposed to. But personally, I think the show needed a new administrative perspective. I'm excited to see what this new EP and HW do.

I am too. Honestly I am not thrilled with the storylines on GH right now, Carlivati is going way overboard bring back nostalgia from another sister soap Port Charles.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 pm

This is absurd. If PP is so desperate to have these characters that they'll force 3 actors out of their job and recast 3 iconic characters, they deserve to fail. Plus, how the heck could GH keep any of them except for ME as somebody different? This is stupid.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:This is absurd. If PP is so desperate to have these characters that they'll force 3 actors out of their job and recast 3 iconic characters, they deserve to fail. Plus, how the heck could GH keep any of them except for ME as somebody different? This is stupid.

They could always go back and forth for awhile until they establish Starr and John McBain staying in Port Charles. Todd already has his out from the show, he has poisoned half the town against him so he can return safely to OLTL.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Tony Marino wrote:They could always go back and forth for awhile until they establish Starr and John McBain staying in Port Charles. Todd already has his out from the show, he has poisoned half the town against him so he can return safely to OLTL.

And most of Llanview still hates him too. haha Razz I actually think he's got more hope in PC. His crimes there have been peanuts compared to the baggage he has at OLTL. Plus, in GH, there's potential to move on. On OLTL, what are they gonna do, put him back with Blair? Todd was tired on OLTL. So were Starr and John. I liked all 3 so much better on GH than I did on OLTL.

And going back and forth from coast to coast is easier said than done. All 3 characters have pretty much been successfully removed from Llanview. Starr moved away anyway and wouldn't have been in the PP version. (minus a recast, which again, isn't the best way to attract new fans)

Honestly, I think they've already been established as staying in PC. There's not much reason for any of them to go back to Llanview. Natalie hates John (and Jolie is boring and tired anyway) and won't let him near Liam. Everyone hates Todd. Starr has virtually nothing in Llanview but family with nothing to really do. I actually would want OLTL to be minus these characters even without them being on GH. On GH, they feel new. On OLTL, they are just old crutches. If this show is going to be good, they gotta stop relying on the same overused stories.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

And most of Llanview still hates him too. haha Razz I actually think he's got more hope in PC. His crimes there have been peanuts compared to the baggage he has at OLTL. Plus, in GH, there's potential to move on. On OLTL, what are they gonna do, put him back with Blair? Todd was tired on OLTL. So were Starr and John. I liked all 3 so much better on GH than I did on OLTL.

And going back and forth from coast to coast is easier said than done. All 3 characters have pretty much been successfully removed from Llanview. Starr moved away anyway and wouldn't have been in the PP version. (minus a recast, which again, isn't the best way to attract new fans)

Honestly, I think they've already been established as staying in PC. There's not much reason for any of them to go back to Llanview. Natalie hates John (and Jolie is boring and tired anyway) and won't let him near Liam. Everyone hates Todd. Starr has virtually nothing in Llanview but family with nothing to really do. I actually would want OLTL to be minus these characters even without them being on GH. On GH, they feel new. On OLTL, they are just old crutches. If this show is going to be good, they gotta stop relying on the same overused stories.

Honestly the only one I would miss is Starr, Todd and Johnny can stay in Port Charles, I can't stand RH's Todd anyway. Bring Victor back or as you said make RH Victor.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:38 pm

I wouldn't miss Starr either. They killed my Starr around 2006. After that, she became a whiny, self-entitled brat. I see traces of Old Starr with Michael. It's better than the disaster she was for her last 6 years on OLTL.

I say making RH Victor is a good option to keep him on GH. While PP would technically have the rights to him too, they might be more willing to let him stay. Especially if TSJ returns as the REAL Todd. It'd also make it so "Victor" would have a lot less baggage than Todd does. After all, trying but failing to kill your brother and covering up a babyswitch is pretty standard soap crime. Unlike gangraping someone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:07 am