CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Nystyle709
CatEyes10736
wants2laugh
Impact
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Alan Smithee
12 posters

Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits - Page 2 Empty Re: Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 pm

The voting starts today it should be sometime this week.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits - Page 2 Empty Re: Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Tony Marino wrote:The voting starts today it should be sometime this week.

You know what that white smoke really is, right?

Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits - Page 2 Tumblr_lxqy7ebYAn1qm74p8o1_400
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 pm

It's gonna be fun to watch the media speculation after each vote. lol Poor things.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

You know what that white smoke really is, right?

Pope Benedict XVI calling it quits - Page 2 Tumblr_lxqy7ebYAn1qm74p8o1_400

The light up a bong and pass it around? I know there is an image here uncle but I can't see it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:It's gonna be fun to watch the media speculation after each vote. lol Poor things.

Do you have some inside info Lil Bro?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Do you have some inside info Lil Bro?
    You don't need inside info to know that the media's gonna provide constant entertainment. They are already doing it with their speculations. heehee I think the real truth is that this is one time that they are totally powerless and completely and utterly irrelevant, and it's driving them absolutely BONKERS. haha big grin It's fun to watch.

And while I don't have inside word, I have a feeling that chimney won't be the only thing smoking when we learn of who the new pope will be. Wink The media folks would be wise to have some duct tape handy. hehe

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

The light up a bong and pass it around? I know there is an image here uncle but I can't see it.

Shows up for me, nephew. But it looks like you didn't have to anyway! big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:You don't need inside info to know that the media's gonna provide constant entertainment. They are already doing it with their speculations. heehee I think the real truth is that this is one time that they are totally powerless and completely and utterly irrelevant, and it's driving them absolutely BONKERS. haha big grin It's fun to watch.

And while I don't have inside word, I have a feeling that chimney won't be the only thing smoking when we learn of who the new pope will be. Wink The media folks would be wise to have some duct tape handy. hehe

Bullshit : Maybe the news channels you watch. "Constant entertainment"? You make it sound like "The Media" is treating this like the build up to the Academy Awards or the Super Bowl. It ain't. At least not the mainstream news sources I watch and read. Those are just treating it as what it is: a news story. They are not treating it like the last Royal wedding in England. LOL, American Idol gets more interest.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 am

I haven't seen any real difference in the coverage from the time I was a kid. There are just more channels now.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 am

Alan Smithee wrote: Bullshit : Maybe the news channels you watch. "Constant entertainment"? You make it sound like "The Media" is treating this like the build up to the Academy Awards or the Super Bowl. It ain't. At least not the mainstream news sources I watch and read. Those are just treating it as what it is: a news story. They are not treating it like the last Royal wedding in England. LOL, American Idol gets more interest.

I don't watch Fox News if that's what you're implying. With my wonky antenna reception, I'm getting a good look at CBS, ABC, and NBC, plus I am reading lots of stuff from Huffington Post, USA Today, etc. on the net. And no, I don't make it sound that way at all. They LIKE the Academy Awards and the Royals. They don't like the pope. That's why their spin is so humorous. The constant entertainment isn't because they are gushing but more because they are so clearly powerless about this (unlike with American politics) and that makes their attempts to say what the next pope needs to do (and their speculation about who it could be, for that matter) fairly humorous. So no, it's not like the awards at all. Quite the contrary, it's more like watching hermits with no TV access suddenly trying to predict who (among movies they've never seen) will win the academy award for best picture. Although this has even more added layers that nonCatholics will be unlikely to even pick up on.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 am

What are the chances that the church will take the progressive route and give someone the position who isn't so rigid in their stances on life?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am

Jason B. wrote:What are the chances that the church will take the progressive route and give someone the position who isn't so rigid in their stances on life?
    The "progressive" route isn't anything new or progressive. "Progressives" are ironically the biggest obstacle to true progress. Luckily, any pope will be an avid defender of life because all Catholic should be as well. (God forbid) Every time a new pope is elected, we hear the same ole "what about a progressive pope?" shtick. And we'll keep hearing those same questions for ages to come. boring I suppose we'll let the anti-Catholics keep dreaming.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

I don't watch Fox News if that's what you're implying. With my wonky antenna reception, I'm getting a good look at CBS, ABC, and NBC, plus I am reading lots of stuff from Huffington Post, USA Today, etc. on the net. And no, I don't make it sound that way at all. They LIKE the Academy Awards and the Royals. They don't like the pope. That's why their spin is so humorous. The constant entertainment isn't because they are gushing but more because they are so clearly powerless about this (unlike with American politics) and that makes their attempts to say what the next pope needs to do (and their speculation about who it could be, for that matter) fairly humorous. So no, it's not like the awards at all. Quite the contrary, it's more like watching hermits with no TV access suddenly trying to predict who (among movies they've never seen) will win the academy award for best picture. Although this has even more added layers that nonCatholics will be unlikely to even pick up on.

I wasn't implying a goddamn thing. I was stating that the major news outlets I watch aren't "spinning" anything or that they are being driven "BONKERS" because "they are totally powerless and completely and utterly irrelevant", or "that (the) chimney won't be the only thing smoking when we learn of who the new pope will be. That's your fantasy. Yeah, there could be outrage (rightfully) by some if it turns out that Pope Francis was involved in covering up pedophile priests but because he's opposed to abortion, contraception and women priests? Nah.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Sorry but it's not my fantasy. Frankly, my fantasy is the media actually being reputable and unbiased outlets of news that are trustworthy and have integrity. (As I said, a fantasy.) The reality is that the media and those who have contempt for Catholic Orthodoxy want a pope who will do what they want and "change Church teachings." They explicitly say so. And they will never get such a pope. And so after every conclave, they are doomed to the same fate. I've seen how the media is reacting firsthand. So no, it's not a fantasy. Believe me. If only. (And BTW, the smoke comment wasn't even tied exclusively to the media. lol)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am