Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? Empty
PostSubject: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Just wondering opinions on this. It seems great to see, in person, from the exterior. I am just wondering the value of the tram to the observatory tower.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Sorry, Red. I can't help you there.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:59 am

I was raised in St. Louis and watched the Arch being built in the '60s. I never bothered visiting it except when traveling with my 14-year-old grandson in 2007. I guess that's an advantage of traveling with kids, they force you to see all those places an adult might just pass up. (we also went to the top of the Sears tower in Chicago)

Here's the view from the Arch

Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? Oldcthsfmarch5-5-04

And my grandson looking out

Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? Kevinarchstl05-05-04web
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 am

Cool shots, Shale.

We are hopefully going in a couple weeks. Kind of an emotional trip as we have never been and it is where my maternal grandfather died. I have a photo of him to leave at the arch and I don't know if I even care to do the tourist thing or not, but know my son will want to.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:52 pm

I haven't either.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Red, as Steven Wright said, "it's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it." I found out this evening that a H.S. classmate who lives in St. L. is coming back here for a visit. I'll ask him what the deal is with the arch. Of course, he may be like millions of New Yorkers who've never been to the Empire State Building.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks, Al. I hope you have a good visit with your friend. We are going next weekend, if we are able to go. Hope so, since everything is paid for. It's just been such a crazy time, I won't feel like we are for sure going until we are on the road.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm

This is what he had to say,

"The arch is a must see when visiting STL. You can go up to the top of the arch in a tram. Its a great view. Make sure they get BBQ. There is a place called Pappy's that is world class BBQ. The other place to go is the Loop- college area. Blueberry Hill is there. A restaurant/nightclub. It has thousands of rock n roll momentos and pretty good food. Chuck Berry is part owner and plays there once a month at the "Duck Club", downstairs at Blueberry Hill."
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
This is what he had to say,

"The arch is a must see when visiting STL. You can go up to the top of the arch in a tram. Its a great view. Make sure they get BBQ. There is a place called Pappy's that is world class BBQ. The other place to go is the Loop- college area. Blueberry Hill is there. A restaurant/nightclub. It has thousands of rock n roll momentos and pretty good food. Chuck Berry is part owner and plays there once a month at the "Duck Club", downstairs at Blueberry Hill."

Thanks, Al. Great recommendations. Glad to know a local recommends the arch. Pappys seems great, but their hours may prevent us from going. Blueberry Hill sounds really cool and how awesome it would be to hit it when Chuck Berry is there. I looked at the schedule and he is there on an upcoming Wednesday. But the place seems cool and maybe if my son stays in someone else's hotel room, Jay and I could check it out. Note: it probably seems odd for me to suggest he may stay in someone else's room but we are there for moto and so it is very likely he will bunk with a friend who is staying in a place with a pool, as ours does not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?   Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you been to the St. Louis Arch?
Page 1 of 1