CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson

RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson Empty I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson

Post by RiteDiva Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 pm

This is probably contrary to most GH viewers, and I know that JJ is a fan favorite and has a long history attached to playing Lucky, but IMO sometimes time can't be rolled back. Sure GV got lousy storylines and clearly wasn't favored by the regime, but c'mon....Lucky went from being a fully grown 30+ MAN (under GV) back to looking like a college kid (with JJ). He doesn't make a believable looking detective at all anymore IMO.
    binky04
    binky04
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson Empty Re: I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson

Post by binky04 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:06 pm

GV was all kinds of fine but what JJ brings is just so much more whenever he and Luke are on screen together it is simply riveting and he & Ethan seem to have better on screen chemistry the Ethan and GV. I must say i am glad the love affair between Lucky & Sam is over because i just can't see JJ with KM just a little too much woman there for him JMHO big hugz
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson Empty Re: I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't watch GH on a regular basis anymore, but there is just no contest between Jackson and Vaughan in the acting department. Sure, GV is some pretty tasty eye-candy, but he was a wooden plank and for the most part slept-walked through the role. He made Lucky into such a dullard that the character was all but ruined (and there was no chemistry at all between he and Luke). Then JJ comes back, and within 15 miniutes wakes Lucky from his slumber and gives him personality-movement again. There's just no contest. I think GV would work ok on a lighthearted sitcom, but he was a bit green for meaty drama.
    onchee
    onchee
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

Post by onchee Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 am

I have to agree, JJ is an amazing actor and to me the only Lucky there will ever be....I just wish they would let Lucky be Liz free...that storyline is done and did....I love Niz, now there is some passion..

Onchee
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson Empty I still think its was lousy that GH booted out Greg Vaughan for Jonathan Jackson

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Going with the consensus. Greg Vaughan never had any business playing Lucky. He should have played a new character, and basically he was. The only thing I recognized about his Lucky was the name. I liked Jacob Young's Lucky more than I liked his.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:43 pm