Merry Maids / cleaning ladies Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merry Maids / cleaning ladies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Merry Maids / cleaning ladies Empty
PostSubject: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Have you ever used a cleaning service, or perhaps Merry Maids?

As a Christmas present to myself, I decided to sign up for the service. I was told that they would vacumm under my cushions, windex my bookcase, wipe sown my window sills... and it was not done. So yesterday was my second cleaning.. and yet again, it was not done.

They called to do a survey, and when i told them of my disappointment, i did tell them of the items needing attention, and they are coming back out to fix those things. At this point though.. it is such little details that i would rather just do it myself, and not utilize them again. They DID scrub my tub really well though!!!

What has been your experience with cleaning services?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Never used one. As much as I hate doing house cleaning, I would rather do it myself when it becomes necessary.

In fact, when staying more than one day at a hotel or when on a cruise, I wish I could just turn off the room cleaners coming in. I don't make much mess and can use the same towel more than once. But it is part of the room package and they come in daily.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:39 pm

i have prevented room cleaning in hotels. on the cruise the insisted on coming every other day. in vacation settings i hate it.. just because i have to clean up all of my toys.. take the restraint back off from under the bed... it sucks lol
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Never had on either. I did kind of chuckle when you mentioned elsewhere that you had to straighten up before the cleaning lady came.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:17 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
Have you ever used a cleaning service, or perhaps Merry Maids?

As a Christmas present to myself, I decided to sign up for the service. I was told that they would vacumm under my cushions, windex my bookcase, wipe sown my window sills... and it was not done. So yesterday was my second cleaning.. and yet again, it was not done.

They called to do a survey, and when i told them of my disappointment, i did tell them of the items needing attention, and they are coming back out to fix those things. At this point though.. it is such little details that i would rather just do it myself, and not utilize them again. They DID scrub my tub really well though!!!

What has been your experience with cleaning services?

I've never hired one, so please parden my dumb questions. When you hire a service are they required to perform some routine cleaning, or can you "assign" them specific chores that you'd like them to do? Because I'm thinking that if they do have to routine stuff, they find themselves on a time crunch.

Only once have I had cleaning services, a long time ago after I had heart surgery. My elder neighbors used a cleaning service, and as their way to help me out they "gave me a day of cleaning". Instead of their house they sent the ladies over to mine. I was in the house, and it felt really weird to stand by chatting with them as they cleaned away. Can't remember what all they did, though I know they cleaned the bathroom. One of them asked if I wanted her to wipe down every bottle and jar that had some dust on them and I said no.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 am

Bluesmama wrote:

I've never hired one, so please parden my dumb questions. When you hire a service are they required to perform some routine cleaning, or can you "assign" them specific chores that you'd like them to do? Because I'm thinking that if they do have to routine stuff, they find themselves on a time crunch.

Only once have I had cleaning services, a long time ago after I had heart surgery. My elder neighbors used a cleaning service, and as their way to help me out they "gave me a day of cleaning". Instead of their house they sent the ladies over to mine. I was in the house, and it felt really weird to stand by chatting with them as they cleaned away. Can't remember what all they did, though I know they cleaned the bathroom. One of them asked if I wanted her to wipe down every bottle and jar that had some dust on them and I said no.

They come to your place and give you a price for your home. They do have a list of "every cleaning" services.. as well as others you may add. For instance, I have glass doors on my bookcase.. and cleaning the glass on the outside is included.. but cleaning the inside as well is additional. They do not normally do windows, inside the fridge or oven.. but you can add those as a one time service.

It was cheaper for me to get them every two weeks than to go every month or every other month.. so i figured i would go for it.

When the girl came back to fix the things that were not done... and i found more later... i was so pleased with her that i requested her as my regular girl... so i think the problem is settled.

Alan - yes im a slob. I admit it... between Oct 15 & Feb 1st, I'm hardly ever home... and having the flu for 6 weeks didnt help.. this place was trashed!!! so much better now Smile between the maid service and the schwans delivery... my life has kinda changed a bit recently LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Maids / cleaning ladies   Merry Maids / cleaning ladies Empty

Back to top Go down

Merry Maids / cleaning ladies
Page 1 of 1