CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Tony Marino
Kral
allison13
trevorrules2
Forgiveness Man
aublack40
TSJFan4Ever
Crazy4Gaga
12 posters

Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately?

Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately? Empty Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately?

Post by Crazy4Gaga Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:41 am

Last week I made the decision to take OLTL off my DVR, I am tuning out for the time being, simply can't take the weak and nonsensical SL's/characters anymore. Characters I care about or still am interested in are either involved in plain nothing for a story, a horrible story, or are now heavily interacting with least preferable other parties of mine. For four days straight now I have gone without watching a full epi! On Mon/Tues I watched clips on YouTube for just Todd & Tea's story alone, and will continue to do so, only catching clips relating to them...as mind boggling and very heartbreaking this life and death illness s/l has been for TnT+Dani, frankly this is the only story I care about right now..it's the only one with particular emotional elements that keeps me glued in.

I hate that it has taken this turn for me with the show, I really do. And I wish I can say I have some real hope the show will get better, but I can't.

Just wondering who else feels similarly to me on this. Differing perspectives are always welcome however! I just ask of course that we all respect each other's opinions how different they may be Smile
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately? Empty Re: Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:31 am

I'll occasionally watch on non-Todd days if I don't have anything better to do, but I'm at the point where I watch for Todd and James and their storylines and don't pay much attention to anything else. I FF through most of Jessica, all of Natalie, John, Gex, Bo & Nora, Dorian, Blaire, and so on. I've been watching Bo & Inez if they're on a Todd day and Viki and Charlie, but if not, I don't even bother taping OLTL.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately? Empty Re: Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately?

Post by aublack40 Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 pm

when people tell me,you didn't miss a thing today i feel liberated
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Getting closer. Razz
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah - it's sad that it's come to this state but RC has killed off my interest in every single character other than Todd and James and Dani.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm

^^^^RC has a habit of doing that unfortunately.
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Anyone here been thisclose to not watching the show lately? Empty I Haven't Watched In A Long Time and Don't Miss It.

Post by trevorrules2 Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Sorry am one Trevor/Todd fan that is not a TNT fan. And the rate his storylines goes I wish that they would have Trevor/Todd alone for while in storylines about Todd that has nothing to do with his leading ladies. But that's just me and where am at.

And as for RC never liked him and never will. He's the second worst head writer that ever came to OLTL and I just can't stand him as head writer. He has destroyed and turn this show completely upside.

And the funny part is when Dena Hickely was head writer her ratings weren't as bad as the ratings were having now and she was fired for those bad ratings. But here's Ron still head writer and destroying the show. Something is not right here.

But no like I said not watching OLTL don't miss it. I do miss Trevor but not the show. But reading the boards and spoilers I know Trevor isn't getting anything great that am missing.

I've come to the conclusion I'll wait to see Trevor in his movies or what ever he's doing outside of OLTL. I'll know I'll enjoy him ten times better in them than on OLTL.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:32 pm

This storyline has soured me on Téa and I don't know if that will ever change. I'm not liking her very much right now. I hate that she emotionally blackmailed Todd into letting Cole get away with attempted murder, that Todd meant so little to her that she wanted the guy who came VERY close to killing him to get away. All that crap about doing it for Starr? Okay Tea - next time someone tries to murder you, we'll let that person off, too. In fact, maybe we should let Eli off with his crimes, because he's Dani's uncle and she cares about him and when Ross returns and tries to steal Dani, with Eli's help, we better give them a free pass, as well, because Dani loves Ross. Who cares if he tries to murder Todd - he still gets a free pass. that was a big one for me and I see Téa differently than I did prior to that.

I also don't buy this whole friendship crap with Blaire and I'm not that happy that she abandoned her family and went off into the hospice, keeping her location a secret from them.

I'm a Trevor fan first. He's my whole reason for watching the show. I loved him with Vange, enjoyed him with Marty, loved him with Téa for awhile. I hope that now we get some scenes of Todd and Dani mourning and grieving Téa. It's about time Trevor got a storyline that was about TODD, with Todd as the focus.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by allison13 Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 pm

I stopped recording and watching the show on a regular basis weeks ago and I won't watch again until the Tea saga is resolved.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Funny you should ask. I DVR'd yesterday's show because I was at work when it aired. I came home, watched about 20 minutes of it before switching over to live TV when Dateline came on.

I still haven't watched the rest of Friday's episode and am not really in a hurry to.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:33 am

I can't even remember what the show was about at all, so I'm thinking I must not have watched much of it, because I remember nothing at all about yesterday's eppy.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am

^^^^Matthew is acting like a bitch, the walls are closing in on Eli, and David and Dorian are acting like cartoons! Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

There have been many times I was tempted to stop watching but then I realize that the show needs the fans to keep it going so now I simply FF anything I don 't want to watch. Not watching the show just brings it closer to cancellation.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I do a LOT of FFing but if or when Trevor leaves, I'll stop watching OLTL. It's gotten so bad that he's my only reason for watching. If I couldn't FF, though, I'd have quit months ago, I think.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Tony Marino wrote:There have been many times I was tempted to stop watching but then I realize that the show needs the fans to keep it going so now I simply FF anything I don 't want to watch. Not watching the show just brings it closer to cancellation.
    If it comes to a point where I am tempted to stop watching, I am no longer a fan, at least not of the show in the form it would be in at that point.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Crazy4Gaga wrote:as mind boggling and very heartbreaking this life and death illness s/l has been for TnT+Dani, frankly this is the only story I care about right now..it's the only one with particular emotional elements that keeps me glued in.

Tea/Todd/Dani are the only reason I am still DVRing this show and I fear it's going to get really tough to hang on through the fall since Blair slobbering all over Todd/Dani is my breaking point.

I was for a time interested in the twin WTDs but the writing for that story is just all over the place awful.

The Fords crap just irritates me and I hate seeing Matthew thrown under bus for Nate who I find a boring, bad actor.

NR's James can be charming but frankly sticking him as roomies with Bobby AND dating Langston crap ruined his appeal a lot for me.

I can't believe this show is seriously going to do Langston/Ford, UGH.

pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by pisces33 Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:26 pm

I guess for me it has turned into background noise, mostly. I watch on DVR and ff commercials when I see them, and then on the boards when viewers mention something that happened, I think I must have missed that. If TSJ is on I pay attention, but other than that I find it boring. Unlike GH I dislike most of the characters, and find them unpleasant.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:03 am

Yup - it's background noise if I watch live, which I rarely do 'cause it's so bad. Sometimes I'll be busy at the computer and won't hit FF right away when the storylines I don't like come on - I'll just use the mute button. Prior to RC, I liked most characters and only hated John, Rex, Gigi, Michael and Marcie. Now I hate almost everyone and RC even managed to make me stop liking Tea for the most part. I'm really not happy with her right now.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:47 am

I'm rolling with the punches. I record it and watch every day, through the good and bad. I'm dedicated to my show. Sorry to see you all having issues, but that's life.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 am

^^^^I'm dedicated too but life's too busy to watch shows that don't offer you enjoyment anymore. Not quite there yet but OLTL had better tread cautiously.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Crazy4Gaga Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Pilaring wrote: the writing for that story is just all over the place awful.

The Fords crap just irritates me and I hate seeing Matthew thrown under bus for Nate who I find a boring, bad actor.

NR's James can be charming but frankly sticking him as roomies with Bobby AND dating Langston crap ruined his appeal a lot for me.

I agree with a LOT of this. Don't even get me started on throwing dumb Lang/Ford into my Starr and James. I don't give a damn about the Langston/Ford "thing." & I ADORE James but I can really personally care less about Ford, Nate, or Inez! I'd rather they have James interacted more heavily with the main characters. And I could have even dealt with him dealing with Bobby as a brother on the side, but IMO the addition of Nate and Inez to their family was too much. I'm so horribly indifferent to Nate and Fordalong with the new martyr Inez it's not even funny.

I resent that SO much more focus is being put into those three(Ford, Nate, Inez) rather than Bo, Nora and Matt. After Bo and Nora finally reunited THEY with Matthew are who I wanted to continue to see a lot more of as a family-love them especially altogether. When Bo and Nora got back together I was hoping to finally see some more love in the afternoon+FAMILY, classic soap staples,with beloved characters of the show. But NO, must force SEVERAL newbies on us at once. Bora+Matthew have practically disappeared.

I believe this is essentially one of the main core problems with the show about now.

Last edited by Crazy4Gaga on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Crazy4Gaga Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:58 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Yup - it's background noise if I watch live, which I rarely do 'cause it's so bad. Sometimes I'll be busy at the computer and won't hit FF right away when the storylines I don't like come on - I'll just use the mute button. Prior to RC, I liked most characters and only hated John, Rex, Gigi, Michael and Marcie. Now I hate almost everyone and RC even managed to make me stop liking Tea for the most part. I'm really not happy with her right now.

I disagree about Tea (still can understand why some don't like the tumor S/L),I still love her and FL remains currently my favorite female soap actress who I have a lot of respect&admiration for.But you make some good points about how RC handles the characters-he makes it really hard to root for them TOO much of the time, and to see them as rootworthy characters in some way.

It reminds me of an interview our TSJ did awhile back, when asked about why he thinks people like Todd he said it was the "rootability factor" being very important-he said how Todd is a complex character,an interesting mix of good and bad(when written well of course). He said how one might not agree with every single thing Todd does, but can still be able to empathize with him- because of understanding him somewhat, why he does what he does. He pointed out how for a character to be able to survive, that factor is super important. Well, exactly!

That is missing from too many characters right now and the writing as a WHOLE.

Oh, yes, we also can't forget the tendency of one-sided writing under RC's pen, as in plain old bias and sole focus based on HIS favorites. It's a pity he can't even write decently for his own favorites most of the time!

Last edited by Crazy4Gaga on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^I'm dedicated too but life's too busy to watch shows that don't offer you enjoyment anymore. Not quite there yet but OLTL had better tread cautiously.

Totally agree. This is why do not watch AMC anymore, but I still enjoy OLTL, so..........
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Maybe when Tea comes back, i'll feel differently, but she's just done several things recently that have lessened my love for her. I was REALLY upset about how she cheated Todd of justice and let the unrepentant bastard who tried murdering him, and threatened to do the same to another victim, go free. Anything that happens to Starr or anyone else will fall on Tea's head. It's things like that that have annoyed me.

I think with Trevor, he's able to really transcend the crappy writing and give that added layer that other actors have failed to do under RC's hack writing. Trevor portrays Todd in a way that you can still sympathize with Todd, even when you don't agree with what he's doing. Then again, there are times when even the most talented actor isn't able to do that. I spent the better part of the last two years despising Starr and even Kristen's acting wasn't able to make me feel anything other than loathing and disgust for Starr. There are so many characters that, while I might not have liked two years ago, I at least tolerated. Now? Well - there's Todd and there's James. I liked Tea in the past but her actions the last couple of months have really annoyed me, though I think the biggest thing was her wanting Cole to get away with his murder attempt and using her bucket list to blackmail Todd into letting him go free. That showed a real lack of respect for Todd, how she didn't care if he got justice and didn't care who else might get hurt because Anger Boy is free to hurt again.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Todd called it right - Tea was emotionally blackmailing him... and he should recognize that behavior as he's done it multiple times to her and she forgave him and so did I.

I remain pissed off Cole walked totally free b/c at the very least he should face court-manded anger therapy.

But one positive about Todd letting Cole walk was Todd is NOT no longer the big bad wolf keeping STALE tragically apart. Cole can't use Todd to emotionally blackmail Starr into putting up with this crap due to her guilt of Todd/Marty.

Todd essentially freed Starr of any lingering guilt-tripping and when she breaks up with Cole she can say clearly my dad has NOTHING to do with this. He stepped way back and this is just about US and OUR problems, Cole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:48 am