How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?

Go down 
+14
Impact
Marc™
Wadsworth
kinetic
Jason B.
Chris
tmontyb
Forgiveness Man
pisces33
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
CatEyes10736
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? Empty
PostSubject: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 am

Quiznos ALWAYS wins. The subway restaurants around here use a lot more bread in their subs. Which would explain why they're more filling, you're essentially filling up on bread.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:40 am

Subway chain: Around 33,246
Quzinos chain: Around 4,500
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:50 am

I never tried Quiznos even though there is one not far from me.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:15 am

We had a Quiznos in the neighborhood. I never went, but my husband did. He said it was very good, but very pricey compared to Subway. It stayed for less than two years.

We have Jimmy Johns over here now. I think it is pricey. Overall, subs are expensive. The mark up is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 am

I think Quiznos is way overrated. And they're way too expensive. Subway has the game on lock with those $5 footlongs.
Back to top Go down
pisces33
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
pisces33

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

There was a Quiznos started up near where I live that lasted 6 months, and there is a Subway nearby that has lasted for years. I thought Quiznos was better but I guess others did not.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 am

I think because Quiznos just isn't that good. I tried it once and wasn't impressed. I agree that Subway's bread to filling ratio is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off, but I still think they are better than Quizno's.

That said, the local sandwich franchise blows them both out of the water and buries them under five yards of dirt. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 am

I like the subway meatball hero, its pretty good for a subway sandwhich.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

The subway roast chicken thing was good but in all honesty, I'd rather just have the chicken without the super-sized bread. Razz
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
I think Quiznos is way overrated. And they're way too expensive. Subway has the game on lock with those $5 footlongs.

co-signs

I tried Quiznos and decided I'll stick with Subway when I want that type of food.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

That said, the local sandwich franchise blows them both out of the water and buries them under five yards of dirt. Razz

I hear you on that! There's a little not that far from me that makes the best heros the beats out Subway and Quiznos by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 am

tmontyb wrote:
I hear you on that! There's a little not that far from me that makes the best heros the beats out Subway and Quiznos by a mile.
Unless Subway has a good sale, I don't even give it a second look. Slack's FTW baby! B) (Although Georgine's Jr. has a kickass hot pork sandwich. xD)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:57 pm

What makes Subway more convenient is the price, and the fact that there's usually another Subway shop within a mile of the last one on the same street. Offhand, I only know of two Quiznos around here, and neither are in the same vicinity. A footlong at Quiznos is about ten dollars, Subway has them for five, so that keeps their leg up over the competition. Beyond that, I agree with Cat. In terms of menu and recipe, I think Quiznos kicks Subway in the teeth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Sorta like apples and oranges, right? Quizno's is shooting for "tasty" while Subway is shooting for "healthy".

Oversimplification, sure, but that's the gist of it, to my mind.
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male
Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Quiznos isn't bad but I find their sauces taste like pure sugar. While I find their bread is very good, Subway's is better. Subway's toppings are also superior. Subway claims to be fresh and they are. Initially Quiznos had the toasted thing going for them but Subway was right on top of that and brought in their own fast tosters. Subway seems like a very well run business, all the way from the top down. A toasted Subway steak & cheese with southwestern sauce, loaded with fresh cut veggies has no equal.
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Quiznos has it all over Subway. Their specialty subs may cost more than the footlong, but they are better in every way. Just more meat all around. Subway is too much bread.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:58 pm

^^^^At least I am not the only one who feels this way. Wink Subway is too bready. But Quiznos isn't all that impressive either.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 pm

tmontyb wrote:

Hell, that's pretty much any deli in NYC. Nobody can top a hero from a true New York City bodega. I used to like Blimpie's too...but even they have gotten pricey.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Quiznos is the better of the two, but I prefer Bellacino's.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 am

Quiznos is better than Subway IMO. A lot of their meat is marinated and seasoned better, and their toppings are fresher too. The only thing Subway has over them is their bread (tastes fresher), Quiznos bread tends to be harder and slightly staler. In the meantime Subway offers this cold-cut "sub" that has ONE piece of meat and what I consider a half a piece of cheese on them. I would never go to a Subway again no matter how good their bread is. Five dollars for one piece of meat and half a piece of cheese is a royal rip off, no matter how much lettuce and tomato they put on it.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 am

Customer loyalty and it's more economical. I don't eat at either very often, though. My fast food restaurant of choice is Tim Horton's.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 am

Impact wrote:
Quiznos is better than Subway IMO. A lot of their meat is marinated and seasoned better, and their toppings are fresher too. The only thing Subway has over them is their bread (tastes fresher), Quiznos bread tends to be harder and slightly staler. In the meantime Subway offers this cold-cut "sub" that has ONE piece of meat and what I consider a half a piece of cheese on them. I would never go to a Subway again no matter how good their bread is. Five dollars for one piece of meat and half a piece of cheese is a royal rip off, no matter how much lettuce and tomato they put on it.

I tell them to put more slices of meat on there and I dare you to charge me double the meat. It all depends on who's making your sandwich since they do it right in front of you.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 pm

I think one reason I'm not a big fan of subway or Quizno's is that I"m just not a big fan of subs. I'll eat them every now and then, but when it comes to fast food, neither place is even in my top 5. I think I've only been to Quizno's once, because there just aren't as many around, and been to Subway maybe 2 or 3 times in the last several years. I got sick of subs one year because the on-campus group i was involved with ALWAYS went to Subway for meals. Our student leader loved Subway and never gave the rest of us a choice - just picked Subway - for every meal out we had on the road - and by the end of 3 years with the group, I was so sick of Subway that it was probably 5 or 6 years before I ventured back.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:47 pm

The only and mean ONLY thing Subway has over Quiznos is price. Quiznos sandwiches are 2x better than Subway. As said already, Subway is 65-70% bread.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 pm

I don't go to either. I want a sub I go to my local pizzeria.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?   How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next