CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Forgiveness Man
AtownPeep
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Chris
Impact
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
12 posters

What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are? Empty What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:42 pm

For me, the first thing that comes to mind is games. Any all all games...board or gaming system. We won at my son's school the game Guess Who. It is a cute fun little game, and I was going to buy it for some of the kids on my list last Christmas. But it is literally two pieces of plastic and think little tiny cards, and it is over $15.

So what is on your list of over-priced?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are? Empty Re: What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:47 am

Lotion. I mean, I know there are some better than others, but damn....I just paid damn near $7 for a big bottle of Jergens the other day.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are? Empty Re: What products do you think are way too pricey for what they are?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Books. Especially reprints. Paperbacks that used to cost $1.25 that now go for $6.95
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:32 pm

1 liter soda. The funny part is how the 2 liters are cheaper at the supermarket.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 am

I think milk is getting more and more expensive.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 am

Athletic footwear.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 am

All Apple products.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

TV's are way too expensive, a good one is gonna run at least $400. Strange how TVs are high but the cost of computers is lowering.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 pm

I am a proud cheapskate. I could more likely list what I don't think is overpriced.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:24 pm

AtownPeep wrote:TV's are way too expensive, a good one is gonna run at least $400. Strange how TVs are high but the cost of computers is lowering.

Think so? The price of TV's and HDTV have gone down dramatically. It's not hard to find a really good deal on a HDTV and it's not hard getting one for under $400.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:19 am

GAS, Games, DVDs, CDs, books, electronics
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:59 am

Just about everything. I went into a convenience store today to check out the scratch off tickets, got my mother a cupcake there because it's her birthday, and we're having the party on Saturday and we don't want to get sick of white cake before we have to make another one, and one cupcake, not even a very big one, $1.40, an entire cake mix doesn't cost that. Of course I know in convenience stores EVERYTHING is higher, $1.10 for a roll of Menthos, unbelievable, and yeah, milk is now $4.50 a gallon at the regular store so we go to Dollar General to get it for $3.85.

And speaking from a woman's point of view, pads are getting more expensive too, every couple months they go up a quarter so you don't notice it, but they've about doubled from what they were only a few years ago. I don't know if this is just to get more money out of it or to make women buy tampons more because I don't know if the price has gone up on tampons, but I just get generic now.

Oh, and speaking of generic though, how much do pregnancy tests usually cost? $10? $14? At Dollar General they have a brand of pregnancy tests, $2, now wouldn't you feel assured with that? eye roll

Candy bars are getting very expensive too, especially the good ones, you know they put Hershey and KitKat on sale but never Crunch or Heath or Caramello, never anything good.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:00 am

1 liter pops are too expensive. They cost $1.99 at the gas station I go to.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 am

Marc™ wrote:1 liter pops are too expensive. They cost $1.99 at the gas station I go to.

What's funny is that I notice that at the supermarket, you can buy a two liter for less than what a one liter costs at the gas station or party store.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 am

Chris wrote:
    Marc™ wrote:1 liter pops are too expensive. They cost $1.99 at the gas station I go to.

What's funny is that I notice that at the supermarket, you can buy a two liter for less than what a one liter costs at the gas station or party store.

A funny thing is that to buy a what, 24 ounce bottle of soda from the vending machine at the store, it costs $1.50, at the gas station's convenience store, you get the 32 ounce drinks for $1.09, and now on Fridays they're only 70 cents here. Go figure.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Cell phone service.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Let me specifically single out the average price of movie tickets. There are some good deals to be found if you're willing to go at less than ideal times, but 10 bucks for a regular show is absurd.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Rockbird wrote:All Apple products.

Those are just stupid high. No way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am