CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

The "call me dad" thing

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

The "call me dad" thing Empty The "call me dad" thing

Post by Kral Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:27 pm

I watched today and saw them bring up the whole "call me dad" issue w/Todd and Dani, and to it felt forced.

IRL, when someone meets their parent later on, it's far more likely that they'll call them by their first name.

Megan didn't call Viki "mom", Cord didn't call Clint "dad". They called them by their first names, because they grew up calling someone else those things. To me it made their relationships MORE charming, because it allowed them to build a parental/child relationship based on more friendship and mutual respect...as opposed to obligation. "You're my father, therefore I am to call you 'dad'."

I enjoy the Todd/Dani rapport, but I hope she continues to call him Todd because to me it just seems more realistic that she would.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

The "call me dad" thing Empty Re: The "call me dad" thing

Post by aublack40 Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 pm

the sooner that todd realizes that he will never be "DAD" the better off he will be! HE is "DAD" to starr,jack and sam. Although they may grow close,that ship has sailed and ain't coming back.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I know you are right but Todd is just so use to having his other kids call him Dad and I guess he wanted her to call him Dad instead of Ross.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 pm

I think this is just a plot point to set things up with Ross coming back and Dani having to chose between two "Dad's".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:24 pm