Questionable things you believe in Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questionable things you believe in

Go down 
+5
LVJoel
CeCe
RedBedroom
JM130ELM
Supernova
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Questionable things you believe in Empty
PostSubject: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 pm

What questionable things do you or do you not believe in?

I for one do NOT believe in Bigfoot, the sasquatch, the Lochness monster, the Mothman, crop circles, spontaneous human combustion, Elvis sightings, palm readings, tarot cards, ouija boards, or the theory that strange events and/or behavior follow a full moon.

I DO believe in the existence of ghosts, aliens, I believe that something hokey was going on at Roswell and Area 51 despite everybody going back on their stories, I DO have some belief in psychics and ESP, but I'm on the fence of the idea of Men in Black that come to people's homes and threaten them unless they back off their claims of contact with UFOs or extraterristrials.

How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:28 am

This is probably more of a superstition than a belief, but I am leery of saying "God Dammit". Never comfortable of the idea of using a expletive in the same context as God. (Even though I just did.)
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am

laughing I thought I was the only one who thought like that.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:28 am

I put a little stock in the full moon thing. I worked at a nursing home in high school and have always known several people who work in one, and it seems that often a full moon produces a night that is filled with strange ailments and crazed behaviors.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:51 am

I believe in some supernatural things. Ghosts, spirits, things like that. I also believe real psychics exist. I believe Sylvia Browne is not one of them. Not so sure about "aliens", but open to the possibility.
Back to top Go down
LVJoel
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
LVJoel

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 pm

I am quite sure there is life on other planets. There must be, it would be a statistical impossibility for Earth to host the only life in such a vast universe.

Since I have never seen the headline "Psychic picks lotto numbers three times in a row" I don't believe in psychics. I do believe that your life experiences and possibilities show up in physical aspects of your body, i.e. your palms, but I don't believe that anyone can predict your future with any reliability by reading your palms, just what MAY happen.

And I constantly find myself playing that little game "if that light turns green before I get to it, I'll have a good day."
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Anything I or anybody else believes is "questionable." Everything that one can believe in can be questioned. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Anything I or anybody else believes is "questionable." Everything that one can believe in can be questioned. Wink

I would agree with that in many cases but not as an absolute. If you want to question the force of gravity, that the Earth is round or that it revolves around the Sun, be my guest. I believe members of the Flat Earth Society are absurd.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 pm

alan smithee wrote:

I would agree with that in many cases but not as an absolute. If you want to question the force of gravity, that the Earth is round or that it revolves around the Sun, be my guest. I believe members of the Flat Earth Society are absurd.
I think it is an absolute. Anything CAN be questioned, hence it is questionable. That doesn't mean questions surrounding it are intelligent or rational. FORGIVENESS MAN
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I think it is an absolute. Anything CAN be questioned, hence it is questionable. That doesn't mean questions surrounding it are intelligent or rational. xD

Why?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:09 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Why?
Funny. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 am

I do believe that black cats crossing your path and walking under ladders are bad luck. I also don't believe in cutting a babies hair before they turn three.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 am

Black cats are only considered bad luck in America, in England they're good luck and it's white cats you have to be weary for. Then there are some countries in which multi-colored cats are the oncoming bearers of bad news.

But I don't get the whole point in it, especially today when we know that cats, black cats especialy, are not witches' aids, so would you care to enlighten us on why you believe that one? And what's the deal with not cutting a kid's hair for 3 years?
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 am

Supernova wrote:
What questionable things do you or do you not believe in?

I for one do NOT believe in Bigfoot, the sasquatch, the Lochness monster, the Mothman, crop circles, spontaneous human combustion, Elvis sightings, palm readings, tarot cards, ouija boards, or the theory that strange events and/or behavior follow a full moon.

I DO believe in the existence of ghosts, aliens, I believe that something hokey was going on at Roswell and Area 51 despite everybody going back on their stories, I DO have some belief in psychics and ESP, but I'm on the fence of the idea of Men in Black that come to people's homes and threaten them unless they back off their claims of contact with UFOs or extraterristrials.

How about everyone else?

Things I do NOT believe in:

1) Things related to "good luck" or "bad luck": breaking a mirror, black cat crossing your path, walking under a ladder, opening an umbrella inside, knocking on wood, finding a coin faceside up, etc.

2) Seldom seen, mythical creatures that allegedly exist: bigfoot/sasquatch, chupacabra, loch ness monster, etc

3) Ghosts, spirits, poltergeist, haunted houses, etc.

4) Alien abductions, UFO's (as in alien spacecraft sightings), the Roswell "conspiracy", aliens at Area 51, crop circles, etc.

5) Elvis sightings

6) Tupac still recording albums

7) The Illuminati controlling the government

cool 9/11 being an "inside" job

9) Men in black

Things I DO believe in:

1) God, Angels, Demons, Satan, Possessions, Exorcisms, The Virgin Mary, Jesus' Ressurection, prayer, heaven, hell, etc.

2) ESP/psychic abilities: telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, etc.

3) Alien intellegence existing somewhere else in the universe.

4) Witchcraft: spells, voodoo, palm readings, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc.

5) The Apollo moon landings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionable things you believe in   Questionable things you believe in Empty

Back to top Go down

Questionable things you believe in
Page 1 of 1