CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
captainbryce
Supernova
Wadsworth
Nystyle709
Jason B.
Nhaiyel
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
Chris
13 posters

Raising children in a nudist environment.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Raising children in a nudist environment. Empty Raising children in a nudist environment.

Post by Chris Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Do you think it's wrong or immoral for parents to raise their children in a nudist environment? IOW, the entire family partakes in nudity around the house.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Raising children in a nudist environment. Empty Re: Raising children in a nudist environment.

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I am going to hold out for this just to see how everything goes on. These are topics that provoke some philosophical discussions with me that might surprise you. I could write about this. xD

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Raising children in a nudist environment. Empty Re: Raising children in a nudist environment.

Post by RedBedroom Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I think it is. People wear clothing and I think that a kid should be able to make a decision to be a nudist after they are 18. But I am really a prude about nudity, so my opinion stems from that. Maybe it is a good thing in that it takes away all mystery and curiosity, but in a family with a younger boy and an older girl, the boy would be able to compare mom and sister and that is so inappropriate to me.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think it's wrong or immoral for parents to raise their children in a nudist environment?

Yes.

It's fine if a childless married couple wants to gallivant around the house in the nude, but nudity should be a chosen lifestyle for adults…not children.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 pm

I believe in couples nudity, but not family. That's too "incestuous" IMO. What happens if dad or son/brother gets a spontaneous hardon around the family. deranged laughing
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think it's wrong or immoral for parents to raise their children in a nudist environment? IOW, the entire family partakes in nudity around the house.

Well, more likely than not, a kid would be more traumatized by how his/her parents look naked rather than them just being naked. So no. I don't think they need to see that. Being nude isn't immoral, just inappropriate at certain times. Put some clothes on.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 pm

JB wrote:I believe in couples nudity, but not family. That's too "incestuous" IMO. What happens if dad or son/brother gets a spontaneous hardon around the family. deranged laughing

Or if mama and daughter start cycling. Since they walk around booty butt naked I doubt they use any kind of kotex.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Wadsworth wrote:

Or if mama and daughter start cycling. Since they walk around booty butt naked I doubt they use any kind of kotex.

Tampons. And then it still might start to drip. And that would just be hellish all around.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Yeah I just don't get how people could go around all day buck naked. It's not just practical, you have mosquitos, bees, wasps, chiggers, then the challenge of frying bacon and not getting popped by the grease, and if you fall off your bike, or are roller skating and you trip, whatever you get is going to be a hell of a lot worse than if you had some kind of clothes to protect your skin from the ground.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think it's wrong or immoral for parents to raise their children in a nudist environment? IOW, the entire family partakes in nudity around the house.
    No. I think society and personal values dictate what is and what is not "moral" and "wrong" and in nudist societies there is nothing wrong or immoral about nudity. It is a natural state of being and people that grow up in and around it will inevitably think it's normal. It is only outside prudish societies that have taboos and stigmas associated with nudity that have a problem with it because those people (namely US) believe that anything related to nudity is "sexual" and that anything related to sex is something children need to be "protected from". I obviously think that is a very backwards and ignorant way of thinking, but it is what it is and because I'm part of that society I would never raise my own children in a nudist environment. Having said that, I don't find people that choose to do that as being immoral or "wrong" in any way. That is their way of life and it is neither illegal or known to have any harmful effects.

By the way, some of the above responses really display a degree of ignorance when it comes to nudist societies. Contrary to popular myth, nudists don't always go around nude all day long and in every circumstance. There are obviously times when nudity is considered impractical. They simply don't shy away from nudity and believe their are times when it is completely acceptable to be open and nude around others. Children who grow up where nudity is not taboo and where it is considered normal are not "traumatized" by it in any sense of the word. And there is nothing "incestuous" about nudity no matter who around you is nude. That's not even what incest means! Incest is related to having a sexual relationship between family members. Only an ignorant person who thinks that everyone who is a nudist is going around having sex with everyone else who would make such a ridiculous connection.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Much as I like to be all naked and nude, nah....not around the kids. I can respect a household that isn't manned with a repressed mentality when it comes to sex and body, and when I take my son to the gym with me, we both shower and change in the same vicinity....but walking around stark naked in front of family, as though you have on clothes, is a little too flagrant for me. When the kids are there, modesty is appreciated.

When they leave, it's time to let the testicles breathe.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm actually somewhat more liberal on this than most. I have considerable limits but I am not as strict about it as some. While I personally don't think it's a good idea to go all out nudist in raising kids, I don't necessarily think those who do are any more immoral than the average modern family. lol
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:35 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:I'm actually somewhat more liberal on this than most. I have considerable limits but I am not as strict about it as some. While I personally don't think it's a good idea to go all out nudist in raising kids, I don't necessarily think those who do are any more immoral than the average modern family. lol
    jaw dropz
    el Rio
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by el Rio Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:17 am

I've spent a lot of time in the Amazon River area of Peru, frequently in remote villages. THese are places without any modern conveniences so families tend to go to the river in the evening to bathe. Mothers breast feed their kids and most little kids run around wearing only their goofy little grins. Folks are comfortable and casual with this. It simply is the way their environment and circumstances dictate how they live. Morality is not a part of the equation. I quickly learned that in a society without walls you simply avert your eyes or ignore the fact that you notice someone without clothes. Kids seem to have a healthy sense of themselves and no one gets overly concerned about how they look. When I would bathe or swim I got a few stares for awhile because I looked radically different than other folks there...tall, pale skinned and bearded. Curiosity pure and simple. After awhile the novelty wore off and nobody cared. I did notice that teen boys kept to themselves a bit and the teen girls likewise. It's an awkward time of life for them but not a big deal.

In my home here I don't prade around nude but we're an all male household so my sons and I sometimes head from the shower to a bedroom or elsewhere without clothes. Again, we just sort of avert our eyes out of respect. Nobody makes a big deal out of it therefore its not a big deal. Simple as that. When company is around we are more circumspect out of respect to others.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:10 pm

bump
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

captainbryce wrote: No. I think society and personal values dictate what is and what is not "moral" and "wrong" and in nudist societies there is nothing wrong or immoral about nudity. It is a natural state of being and people that grow up in and around it will inevitably think it's normal. It is only outside prudish societies that have taboos and stigmas associated with nudity that have a problem with it because those people (namely US) believe that anything related to nudity is "sexual" and that anything related to sex is something children need to be "protected from". I obviously think that is a very backwards and ignorant way of thinking, but it is what it is and because I'm part of that society I would never raise my own children in a nudist environment. Having said that, I don't find people that choose to do that as being immoral or "wrong" in any way. That is their way of life and it is neither illegal or known to have any harmful effects.

By the way, some of the above responses really display a degree of ignorance when it comes to nudist societies. Contrary to popular myth, nudists don't always go around nude all day long and in every circumstance. There are obviously times when nudity is considered impractical. They simply don't shy away from nudity and believe their are times when it is completely acceptable to be open and nude around others. Children who grow up where nudity is not taboo and where it is considered normal are not "traumatized" by it in any sense of the word. And there is nothing "incestuous" about nudity no matter who around you is nude. That's not even what incest means! Incest is related to having a sexual relationship between family members. Only an ignorant person who thinks that everyone who is a nudist is going around having sex with everyone else who would make such a ridiculous connection.
    co-signs

Altho I am probably the only official card-carrying nudist on this board, I couldn't have said it better.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:53 pm

There is a clothing optional area at a river in Portland, and about 18 years ago I decided to check out. I always liked sunbathing in the buff in my back yard, so I wanted to experience it with others who do it out in the open all the time.

First, don't believe the popular theory that nudists become so desensitized that they "don't notice" the other naked people. That's b.s! Trust me on this one!

I watched the families with small children, and to this day I don't know what to think where that's concerned. I'm sure that ones who grow up wanting to retain that lifestyle have some challenges finding mates.

Something that creeped me out a bit was the leathery skin of so many of them. I don't know how you get leathery skin in rain-forest climate, but it was there. The overly-tanned 80-something geezer trotting through the sand with his penie flopping with the wind was too much.

After that one experience, it was enough. And, no, my daughter never found out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:37 am