The Cast comes off Tomorrow Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cast comes off Tomorrow

Go down 
+4
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

The Cast comes off Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Can 't wait to lead a normal life again. To anyone that has ever had a cast on their leg, arm, etc., Wow I feel for you, it can drive you to the the point of insanity. Sleeping at night was the worst for me with this heavy thing on my leg and having to keep it elevated, I got very little sleep for weeks! Next is therapy for a month and then back to work!!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah! I am so happy for you to be getting rid of it tomorrow! I hope physical therapy goes well and that the next month goes by super fast and you are up and running before you know it!!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:39 pm

What kind of therapy Tony?
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Glad it's coming off! Freedom for you!!!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Tony, don't be too discouraged if you feel like you wanted the muscles to perform better right off the bat than they do. I have never had a cast, but wore a neck brace for months, and it is crazy how muscles have to get back what was lost. So, no matter how silly anything is your PT asks you to do, make sure you do it! That is just my little momma hen coming out in giving you some words of wisdom!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
What kind of therapy Tony?

Im not sure yet NY, since I have screws in my ankle now I assume they want me to do some kind of foot exercise to get it working properly. Hopefully I will find out today.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:58 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
Glad it's coming off! Freedom for you!!!

Thanks TSJ!! Thats the best way of saying it FREEDOM!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:00 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Tony, don't be too discouraged if you feel like you wanted the muscles to perform better right off the bat than they do. I have never had a cast, but wore a neck brace for months, and it is crazy how muscles have to get back what was lost. So, no matter how silly anything is your PT asks you to do, make sure you do it! That is just my little momma hen coming out in giving you some words of wisdom!

Thanks Mama Red Smile I agree with what you said I know that there will be some kind of pain and I know the muscles have to get used to working again, I am keeping a positive attitude about it and will definetly do what the PT says to do, I just want to get well so I can walk again and go back to work.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Wow, sorry Tony. I didn't know you were injured. Glad you're whole again.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm

So how's it going now Tony?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 am

Tony, I hope all went well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Wow, sorry Tony. I didn't know you were injured. Glad you're whole again.

Thanks, not quite on the whole yet.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:15 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Tony, I hope all went well. Smile

Got the cast off, my foot is still a bit swollen and its so tender in the areas where the breaks were. I have to wear this huge black boot when I do a lot of walking. Without it I walk very slowly and it is a bit painful. My ankle looks like it went through WWII. I start physical therapy on Monday, 2 days a week. Thanks for asking Red.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Chris wrote:
So how's it going now Tony?

Hey Chris, see my response to Red above. Thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm

See, Tony, when you did not update us yesterday, I figured you went out dancin' last night! Hee hee.

Well, I am glad it is off. You will have painful going for a while, but at least you reached a huge milestone in all of this mess.

After I broke my neck and had the surgery, I had the brace on forever, and then it was over a year before I could lift my head off the pillow in the morning. I had to use my hands to support it. It seemed like I was never going to be back to normal and it was so strange. But it won't take you that long because of how different the two types of surgery are. I have known a lot of people with your type surgery that got injured racing and they really progress nicely after the cast comes off and they get into PT.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:11 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
See, Tony, when you did not update us yesterday, I figured you went out dancin' last night! Hee hee.

Well, I am glad it is off. You will have painful going for a while, but at least you reached a huge milestone in all of this mess.

After I broke my neck and had the surgery, I had the brace on forever, and then it was over a year before I could lift my head off the pillow in the morning. I had to use my hands to support it. It seemed like I was never going to be back to normal and it was so strange. But it won't take you that long because of how different the two types of surgery are. I have known a lot of people with your type surgery that got injured racing and they really progress nicely after the cast comes off and they get into PT.

Thanks Red for the words of encouragement, I really needed it too Smile That must have been god awful breaking your neck and being in a brace that long, I don't know what I would have done, probably gone completely bonkers but I admire the stamina and courage it had to have taken from you to get through that.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

You're welcome, and thanks to you. You know what...I did not have stamina or courage getting through all of that! I had to get through it, because there was no other option! But life totally sucked for a long time because every single other aspect of my life was messed up during that time, so it was a nightmare. So, even though there was not a lot about me that was positive at the time, positive things did come from it. I appreciate everything because many others that I read about that broke the bones I did are paralyzed. How or why I was spared that fate, I don't know. I used to be a person who was selfish and narrow minded. I grew up so much after going through all that.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:34 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
You're welcome, and thanks to you. You know what...I did not have stamina or courage getting through all of that! I had to get through it, because there was no other option! But life totally sucked for a long time because every single other aspect of my life was messed up during that time, so it was a nightmare. So, even though there was not a lot about me that was positive at the time, positive things did come from it. I appreciate everything because many others that I read about that broke the bones I did are paralyzed. How or why I was spared that fate, I don't know. I used to be a person who was selfish and narrow minded. I grew up so much after going through all that.

Still it takes a lot of guts to have to face something like that and deal with it and get by with it. Im having a hard time with my situation and it is not nearly as bad as yours was. To have other areas in your life messed up at the same time really sucks but I suppose there is a reason for everything. Im neither selfish or narrow minded, I always help people out when I can so I have to figure out the reason why this happened to me. Like you said, get through it because there is no other option.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:50 am

Tony, we are all part of a circle of life and we have highs and lows, and if your biggest low in this segment of your life is your surgery, thank God. I know that sounds preachy. But really, it is a matter of perspective.

My son has been hospitalized twice for major injury. The first time, I was a mess. I felt like my son in peril was the worst fate ever to be dealt me. Then I met a woman whose son was in the pediatric wing with my son. Her son had cancer. And while I was feeling taxed going home to shower and take care of life matters, she was leaving her son's bedside to do her own chemo on another wing.

Tony, it is all perspective. Like I said, I know people who had your type surgery. And most are like you...men. You guys have such a hard time with the downtime. It makes you feel useless, even though it SHOULD NOT. Due to knowing so many who have leg and ankle surgery due to racing accidents, I know so much about how it goes. It sucks, and you men are all the same. You over think being "useless". And that is so silly.

Everyone has blips in life. In 2011, Tony, you will be the normal "Tony" and doing all you want to and while you will still be paying your bills from the injury and feels the aches from it, you will still be you and this will be a part of your life path that was a blip.

You will go on and all those days that you were laid up feeling desperate and restless will at some time be a distant past.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 am

big hugz
I hope you're feeling a lot better Amico!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:14 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Tony, we are all part of a circle of life and we have highs and lows, and if your biggest low in this segment of your life is your surgery, thank God. I know that sounds preachy. But really, it is a matter of perspective.

My son has been hospitalized twice for major injury. The first time, I was a mess. I felt like my son in peril was the worst fate ever to be dealt me. Then I met a woman whose son was in the pediatric wing with my son. Her son had cancer. And while I was feeling taxed going home to shower and take care of life matters, she was leaving her son's bedside to do her own chemo on another wing.

Tony, it is all perspective. Like I said, I know people who had your type surgery. And most are like you...men. You guys have such a hard time with the downtime. It makes you feel useless, even though it SHOULD NOT. Due to knowing so many who have leg and ankle surgery due to racing accidents, I know so much about how it goes. It sucks, and you men are all the same. You over think being "useless". And that is so silly.

Everyone has blips in life. In 2011, Tony, you will be the normal "Tony" and doing all you want to and while you will still be paying your bills from the injury and feels the aches from it, you will still be you and this will be a part of your life path that was a blip.

You will go on and all those days that you were laid up feeling desperate and restless will at some time be a distant past.

Red thanks...... you really made me stop and think and you are so right, there are situations far worse than my own and I should be grateful that It was not worse and that I am on the mend. That story about the Mom and son really got to me and I am glad that you shared it with me.

Your right about feeling useless but I have now gotten it in my head that it is not my fault and that this is just the way it is for now. I must sound like the world's biggest baby LOL but I am not usually like this.

Thanks for your words of wisdom, I really appreciate it. The Cast comes off Tomorrow 56354
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:14 am

RobbieFTW wrote:
big hugz
I hope you're feeling a lot better Amico!

Thanks Robbie Smile
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Got the cast off, my foot is still a bit swollen and its so tender in the areas where the breaks were. I have to wear this huge black boot when I do a lot of walking. Without it I walk very slowly and it is a bit painful. My ankle looks like it went through WWII. I start physical therapy on Monday, 2 days a week. Thanks for asking Red.

I had to wear that when I broke my foot. It straps up all the way up to the` knee. Ugliest thing in world. It gives you a lot of support though so it doesn't feel like you're putting pressure on it the foot/ankle while exercising it.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:08 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

I had to wear that when I broke my foot. It straps up all the way up to the` knee. Ugliest thing in world. It gives you a lot of support though so it doesn't feel like you're putting pressure on it the foot/ankle while exercising it.

Yep thats it. I take it off though after a few hours it feels too much like the cast.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 am

Glad to hear you're recovery is progressing as it should. I'm sure you'll be dancing again very soon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cast comes off Tomorrow   The Cast comes off Tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cast comes off Tomorrow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next