Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture

Go down 
+3
SecHandNews
Nhaiyel
binky04
7 posters
AuthorMessage
binky04
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
binky04

Female
Rep : 3

Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture Empty
PostSubject: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Okay the film was visually stunning i saw it in Imax and really i was swatting butterflies away in from my face big hugz but at three hours long and a storyline as old as this country itself{think of Pocanthas} boo-fucking-hoo it seem more like what the indians should have done instead we had thanksgiving dinner or so the story goes as in Dances with the wolves it revoles around a white man coming to save another race and rising up to there greatest prophecies {flying winged dragons} if that is not enough most of the actors are computer generated 10ft Tall Blue Aliens. Lotsa of great movies have been made in my lifetime, my uncle mad me realize that in a great movie you don't need talking sometime you don't need color you don't need special effect's a great movie should move you withour all the tricks just good storytelling and great acting{the godfather, raging bull, citzen cane gone with the wind, bitter earth, etc etc}

Give it something best picture i think not if you are looking for great storytelling and wonderful real actor look no further than the HURT LOCKER clapping directed by AVATAR x i believe his first wife or even PRECIOUS though after watching this i was a lot depress the acting is wonderful the subject so sad
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh, I definitely feel it deserves the nomination for Best Cinematography, and would even feel good about it winning. Visually, it is stunning. However, Best Picture? Nuh-uh.

District 9 for the win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
SecHandNews
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SecHandNews

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 pm

I think we all better go ahead and reconcile that win now. Avatar is going to sweep the Oscars.
Back to top Go down
mindfuck
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
mindfuck

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 am

No movie directed by James Cameron that gets nominated for BEST PICTURE loses. It's the law.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:23 pm

I think we all better brace ourselves for Avatar taking the Oscars hostage.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 pm

I want to see them pull a Best Picture upset and give it to Precious over Avatar. You know a lot of people would not like that.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:26 am

James Cameron didn't win Best Director, and Avatar didn't win Best Picture. I imagine that a lot of people are gonna be out of money when they go to work tomorrow and have to pay the office pool.

I wonder if the Academy intentionally tempered the Avatar wins for the sake of not cloning the whole Titanic award sweep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
binky04
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
binky04

Female
Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Chris wrote:
James Cameron didn't win Best Director, and Avatar didn't win Best Picture. I imagine that a lot of people are gonna be out of money when they go to work tomorrow and have to pay the office pool.

I wonder if the Academy intentionally tempered the Avatar wins for the sake of not cloning the whole Titanic award sweep.
as i stated when i started this thread HURT LOCKER was the movie to win awards you need great actors & great storyline Avatar had neither big hugz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture   Why i think AVATAR  should not win best picture Empty

Back to top Go down

Why i think AVATAR should not win best picture
Page 1 of 1