CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
CatEyes10736
Marc™
Chris
Wadsworth
Jason B.
9 posters

TV Shows that make you wonder.

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

TV Shows that make you wonder. Empty TV Shows that make you wonder.

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:08 am

Has there ever been a TV show that doesn't make any sense to you, either in theme or in content?

Me personally, I could never understand why Darrin Stevens on Bewitched didn't want Samantha to use her witchcraft. I would take full advantage of something like that, if I were him.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

TV Shows that make you wonder. Empty Re: TV Shows that make you wonder.

Post by Wadsworth Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:58 am

I always wonder how Benson went from being a servant on Soap to a lieutenant governer on his own show.

Cosby kids. Theo, Vanessa and Rudy...ok I can buy it...but Sandra and Denise. Nah. They STOOD OUT like red (literally!) thumbs.

How come on the first couple seasons of Roseanne, her father would occasionally come and visit and was a funny good guy that Roseanne and Jackie liked but then out of no where him out to be a cheating monster who beat them as kids and they never got along with.

Cory and Tapanga on Boy Meets World hated each other at first, but then were suddenly in love and getting married.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 am

Wadsworth wrote:

Cosby kids. Theo, Vanessa and Rudy...ok I can buy it...but Sandra and Denise. Nah. They STOOD OUT like red (literally!) thumbs.

That's nothing, look at The Jefferson's. Tom and Helen Willis were an interracial couple who had a biological daughter who was black and a biological son who was white.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:11 am

On the Golden Girls...the first time Dorothy's son came to visit he was twenty-nine years old, the next time he was twenty-three, then last time he was thirty. His age was mentioned in all three episodes, with no consistency. Furthermore, Dorothy supposedly gotten married as a pregnant teenager (in one episode they said she 19 y/o at the time, in the other she was 17) and was with Stan for 38 years. Who was THAT child? The two the audience met were noticeably younger. Blanche's daughter Becky was introduced as a short, obese when she first appeared...after that she was tall and rail thin. Rose's kids names changed almost every time they were mentioned, and in one episode Rose refereed to So and So Nylund as her adoptive parents, even though "Nylund" was her married name. There were a ton of continuity goofs on that show.

When Mama's Family originally aired on NBC in the early 1980s, Vint (who was initially portrayed as more of a tough guy, then later as more of a goofy creampuff) had two teenage kids. When it later continued in first run syndicated episodes, his two kids totally disappeared and were never mentioned again. Earlier on, Naomi was brassy, sharp tongued and would zing Mama's insults right back. On the syndicated episodes, she was sillier, more playful and would sort of just let out a frustrated sigh at Mama's name calling.

During the first season of Gimme A Break, Nell was jovial and sweet to the kids. After that, she was often tart and crass with them.

On Married With Children, Kelly started out as more of a juvenile delinquent w/a rebellious, bad girl attitude....but had common sense. As the show went on, she devolved into a fluffhead bimbo. During season one, Al and Peg were more serious, and "real." As the show went on, they became cartoons.

When The Simpson's first aired, Bart was the focus....while Homer was the grumpy dad. Later Homer became sillier and sillier, and would be the focus of the show. Now, who knows? I think the last time I watched, the show focused more on the TOWN than the Simpson family.

Daria on Beavis & Butthead wasn't nearly as cynical, wordy and down trodden as she would be on her own show.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 am

Grace Under Fire: I don't get what happened to the oldest boy. One minute he's like this short kid who's about 12 years old, then in the next episode he's this tall teenager who's about 16. Like come on don't they think people will notice?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 am

On the pilot episode of Full House, they were living in a big mess, and all three men were portrayed as slobs. Then they started to write Danny Tanner as a life long clean freak who could not tolerate disorder.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:14 pm

All the time!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

How the hell do they write out main characters and then to everybody it's like they never existed? Like when they wrote Judy out of Family Matters.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Supernova wrote:How the hell do they write out main characters and then to everybody it's like they never existed? Like when they wrote Judy out of Family Matters.

I don't mind them deciding that a certain character isn't working and abruptly writing them out if it's early in the series. But don't do two or three seasons with the character and then suddenly make like they never existed. I can forgive Chuck Cunningham, but not Judy Winslow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:33 am