Laverne and Shirley Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laverne and Shirley

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Laverne and Shirley Empty
PostSubject: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Does anybody else remember or watch this show? Anybody like it? I remember when it was on Nick @ Nite, one of the shows I tuned in every night to see what they would get into next. When they took it (and all the other 50s - 70s stuff) off the air, I was ticked off...then L&S made a brief comeback in syndication on Lifetime, but they took it off there too. Luckily it's on DVD now and we're up to season 3 on it. I love this show, it's soooo funny, and it's clean, something you never see anymore.
Back to top Go down
JeanMerc82
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
JeanMerc82

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Me being an 80s kid this was one of my favorite shows. Laverne/Shirley and Lucy/Ethel were my favorite female duos on TV! So many great memories. Smile
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Indeeeeeed. I could not believe...I felt absolutely outraged when it was announced that there are plans to make Laverne and Shirley a movie. Can you imagine how they'll screw that up?
Back to top Go down
JeanMerc82
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
JeanMerc82

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Are you serious? They need to stop remaking stuff from back in the day. I like the origanal stuff plain and simple!! So if they plan to do the movie i am not going to see it, i'll be on YT watching clips of the the show.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:13 am

Amen to that. Because you can be sure one of the FIRST things they'd do is modernize it, and that would not work, Laverne and Shirley worked as a 70s sitcom set in the 50s, they would not do that today, you can be sure.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

One episode they did that I think had to be groundbreaking at the time was The Slow Child, when Mrs. Babbish's retarded daughter comes to visit. And I was actually surprised, they used the word retarded, but it was Shirley that said it, not Laverne, who I would expect that from. Oh but it was funny at the end during the St. Patty's Day party when Squiggy enters dressed like a leprechaun and says 'hoy there lads and lasses, I've come to pick your BALONEY stones!' LOL
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

i remember watching this show... but I don't remember a whole lot, basicly just the theme and intro
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:42 pm

I remember the final season without Shirley being depressing and drab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Chris wrote:
I remember the final season without Shirley being depressing and drab.

I don't think I remember that one. I do remember one episode I don't recall seeing her in, the one where Laverne, what was it, a chain letter she didn't send or something? And bad luck happened around her all the time and the dog she was watching jumped off the balcony and broke his leg, I don't remember seeing Shirley in that episode.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 pm

I could be mistaken, but I remeber some flap with the censors over Laverne's use of "vo-dee-oh-doh-doh" as a euphemism for fucking. Now they can say "shit", "ass hole", etc. on basic cable.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Oh yeah I remember that, Laverne going "I DON'T vo-de-o-do-do!' or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laverne and Shirley   Laverne and Shirley Empty

Back to top Go down

Laverne and Shirley
Page 1 of 1