The Last House on the Left (1972) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last House on the Left (1972)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

The Last House on the Left (1972) Empty
PostSubject: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Has anybody here seen this movie?

They were selling it at Wal-Mart for $5 and I've heard about this movie for several years and been wanting to see it, so I bought it and I just finished watching it, and about all I can say to sum it up is...WOW. I loved it. If you can get through the rape and the murder and the disembowlment and dismemberment and all that, that part at the end with the parents' revenge was just GREAT. And I loved that dream that Fred had, 'don't move, hammer, chisel, don't move!'

It's very violent and bloody and disgusting and it makes you uncomfortable, but it's still a great movie, yay Wes Craven for having some mucho huevos back in the 70s to do this.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 pm

I saw it and I agree the rape scene and the humiliation scenes were way over the edge. When he stabbed the girl, I got the chills cause I felt that girls pain and I was shocked just as she was. I saw the remake as well, the original still stands as being much better even though the remake was not bad the old version really leaves you with something at the end of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 am

Something I'd like to point out about this movie. People say this is basically an R rated Home Alone, because of the booby traps the parents rig up at the end, and how elaborate it is, etc....well I noticed something, in advertisements for this movie they say 'to avoid fainting, keep repeating 'it's only a movie, only a movie, only a movie'. And anybody who's seen Home Alone remembers when Kevin thinks the furnace has come to life he says 'It's only my imagination, only my imagination', anybody else think that's kind of weird?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 am

Been a few people complaining about this movie on its board lately on the IMDb, one person said they saw Human Centipede (don't ask, don't look it up if you don't know) and that was fine, but this movie, oh no THIS is just TOO much, too awful. Seems kind of backwards to me.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Supernova wrote:
Been a few people complaining about this movie on its board lately on the IMDb, one person said they saw Human Centipede (don't ask, don't look it up if you don't know) and that was fine, but this movie, oh no THIS is just TOO much, too awful. Seems kind of backwards to me.

The Human Centipede was far worse than LHOTL!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 pm

No kidding, I wouldn't touch that one with a ( Razz ) 100 foot pole.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:29 pm

There is a Seattle-based TV show from a college there where a professor emcees films that are "so bad they are good", and this one could fit that bill.

I never heard of it until I watched it a few months ago on TV. It's a campy, crappy movie yet I couldn't help but like it. My take on it is that it was supposed to be a very dark comedy; however, isn't it based on a true story?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
There is a Seattle-based TV show from a college there where a professor emcees films that are "so bad they are good", and this one could fit that bill.

I never heard of it until I watched it a few months ago on TV. It's a campy, crappy movie yet I couldn't help but like it. My take on it is that it was supposed to be a very dark comedy; however, isn't it based on a true story?

Some people say that but if it is, it's so far back in history nobody will know. Even though it was not intended as a remake, it is retelling the story from the 1960 movie The Virgin Spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last House on the Left (1972)   The Last House on the Left (1972) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last House on the Left (1972)
Page 1 of 1