CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Chris
9 posters

Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs Empty Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs

Post by Chris Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:40 am

Who said size zero was out? Male model fired for eating croissant on Abercrombie & Fitch photo shoot
    By Daniel Bates
    Last updated at 2:25 AM on 6th October 2010

Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs Article-1317930-0B7CF6B7000005DC-698_233x423
    Watching his weight? Model Florian Van Bael was fired for eating a croissant

A male model has been fired for eating a croissant whilst on a photo shoot for trendy clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch.
    Belgian Florian Van Bael was told to leave the set when he was seen eating the pastry at what was considered to be an inappropriate moment.
    The models on the photo shoot were supposedly put under strict supervision with agents monitoring what they ate, what they drank and how much they worked out.

Van Bael, 20, appears to have broken one of these rules and was fired.

The case illustrates that it is not just female models who are subject to harsh restrictions when it comes to their weight.
    Fashion designers, including Victoria Beckham, have recently begun to shun‘size zero’ models and this year New York Fashion Week hosted its first‘plus size’ only fashion show. The 30 male and female models were being shot by photographer Bruce Weber and the Panoramic Hotel in Montauk, New York when Van Bael was sacked.

The models were supposedly working 13-hour days on the orders of advertising agency Shahid & Co and paid far below the normal rates for seven days’ work - $2,500 for women (£1,570) and $1,500for men (£940).
    They were also given a $13 (£cool per day meal stipend but closely monitored on what they ate. Van Bael's agent appeared to side with the advertising agency and criticized her client.

She said: ‘I don't think it's a question about coffee or croissant, it's just a question of respect during an important job.’

Van Bael is a rising star in the world of modelling and this summer was named model of the week by models.com.

Along with Abercrombie & Fitch he has modelled for high-profile designers including Viktor & Rolf.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317930/Male-model-fired-eating-croissant-Abercrombie--Fitch-shoot.html#ixzz11qx7miw2
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs Empty Re: Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:03 am

Of course it’s ridiculous. I hope he wasn’t fired because they thought he was too fat to eat a croissant but because he was causing unrest among the other models because they were so hungry that they’re assholes were eating they’re underwear. You can’t spell “diet” without D-I-E.

The Diet Song
    by Shel Silverstein

Well, breakfast, black coffee
    One slice of dry toast
    No butter no jelly no jam
    Lunch, just some lettuce
    Two celery stalks
    No booze no potatoes no ham

Dinner, one chicken wing
    Broiled not fried
    No gravy no biscuits no pie

And this dietin' dietin' dietin'
    Dietin' sure is a rough way to die

So, pass me a carrot stick
    Peel me a prune
    One glass of skim milk and that's all

Turn off the TV for the Big Mac commercial
    It's drivin' me straight up the wall

I'm thinkin' of french fries
    Sausage and waffles
    Spaghetti and cookies and cake
    And each night I'm dreamin'
    Of chocolate ice cream and
    I'm starvin' to death when I wake
    All for your sake

Well, you're fixin' the kids
    All those cream mashed potatoes
    But it's bouillon and water for me
    And you got a lock on the refrigerator
    Lord knows where you're hidin' the key

And while I am starvin' for food late at night
    I'm starvin' for lovin' from you
    But you say that when I can see my own dick
    You'll be glad to look at it too

So supper, two pieces of cauliflower raw
    Some beef stick the size of a nail
    One slice of tomato, a small dab of slaw
    Lord, I swear I ate better in jail
    Stop eatin' that pizza right under my nose
    Girl that's the least you can do

And put down that candy bar
    While I'm singin'
    I'm starvin' my ass off for you...

And when I am dead with the insurance paid
    You'll look down at me and you'll grin
    You'll say, "Well, the boy tried,
    And he starved, and he died,
    But don't he look good when he's thin."

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs Empty Re: Male model kicked off A&F photo shoot for eating carbs

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:19 am

I think its absurd.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:49 am

Damn. Didn't know it got that real over a croissant. Shit, he skinny as hell anyway. He could've afford to eat that not be any consequence in regards to his weight/frame. I hope he sues their asses.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:25 pm

It's to be expected from a store that targets 20 y/o Norwegian-looking types.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:22 pm

That's disgusting! It's idiots like that ad agency that fuel the eating disorders that are so common. Kids hear stories like that and think they're too fat 'cause they see that guy, who looks really undernourished, and hear that he was fired for eating and they cut back. I certainly won't be supporting Abercrombie & Fitch and am tempted to write to them and give them a piece of my mind and thank them for contributing to the eating disorders that are so prevalent in the western world..
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Hmm.... What if the Model came late to work due to traffic and walked into the building while eating a croissant since he did not have time for breakfast,will he still be fired??
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 pm

So ridiculous. What's eating a single croissant going to do? I wish people would get it in their heads that so long as they exercise, you can generally eat whatever you want (within reason.)
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Belgian Florian Van Bael was told to leave the set when he was seen eating the pastry at what was considered to be an inappropriate moment.

Well, that was the fuel for the headline right there. It is not stated that he was fired for eating or eating a carb. He was hired to do a job and apparently did not adhere to the specifications required. I am pretty sure all of this transcends him just eating a danish.

There are so many variables here. Did the agency know that he was at his lowest weight and that if he was eating carbs on a day one of a several day shoot that he may not fit the look by the end of the entire shoot? Maybe?

Also, was it at a time when he was about to go in front of the camera, and him having to brush his teeth or change back into shoot clothing would hamper the time frame? All that is big money and the statement "at an inappropriate time" makes me wonder what more there is to the story.

I am sure that Abercombie models are strung to a pretty tight contract with their representing agencies. So, he was dismissed.

I am not an advocate on how rail thin models are "needed" to be. But this story is very unclear exactly what happened.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:37 pm