CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

The Newman men sure drag Y&R down!

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

The Newman men sure drag Y&R down! Empty The Newman men sure drag Y&R down!

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:12 pm

For the most part, I've found Y&R pretty boring this week due to the Newman men. I just have no interest in the Newman men. Can't stand Victor or Nick and have no interest in watching any of their storylines. I couldn't barely even recap Y&R this week, I've paid so little attention and it's because of the focus on Victor and Nick. I want to see Victor's demise but I know it will never happen. I want to see him hurting the way he's hurt so many others, suffering the way he's caused so many others to suffer. The Newmans might be a core family, but they hold no more interest to me than the Cramer women. That would be an interesting merger - Victor & Dorian and Nick & Blaire - four of the most selfish, uncaring creatures I've ever come across on soaps, excluding the really evil villains like Stefano Dimera on Days, Mitch Lawrence, and so forth. Dorian and Victor are exactly alike - ranting on about family but their very actions show how little family truly means to them, that only their own needs and interests count. Blaire & Nick - neglecting the kids unless it's convenient, sleeping around, always butting in where they're not wanted, unable to get the message to BACK OFF when someone tells them that.

The Newmans are ruining Y&R for me, just as the Cramers ruin OLTL.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

The Newman men sure drag Y&R down! Empty Re: The Newman men sure drag Y&R down!

Post by JeanMerc82 Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:03 pm

co-signs clapping Great minds think alike.... but you also forgot to add in The Kane Woman! All three of these families are a piece of shit getting away with crimes and not owning their actions but blaming someone else. They are always in storylines that have nothing to do with them and butting in other people's lives. I could go on&on but it would take hours so this is my final word so here it is......... "THEY ALL NEED TO F****** DIE"
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh gos - I'd forgotten about the Kane women on AMC. I didn't watch for very long and quit in disgust when they sacrificed Jeff Branson for Cameron and the others on the show. I find Dorian far more shrill and screechy than Erica, but the arrogance is still the same. I still find Erika more tolerable than Dorian. I despise everything about Dorian, whereas Erika is someone I don't like, but there are bigger evils on the show, like the Chandlers.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Finally someone who see the Newman's and especially Victor the way I do and so many other viewers. I have hope for years that the execs of that show will finally see the light and make him pay for some of his crap. Was so hoping he did not sign his contract this last time and we would be free of him but they came to an agreement. I really want him gone if they are not going to write any better for him than this. I just hate it when the bad guys get off all the time like EJ Dimera on Days.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:02 am

I just don't like charcters who are so slefish. Most of the ones I hate most are ones just like Victor - arrogant, self-serving, going through life using people and not caring how many people they hurt. Victor, Dorian - theyr'e two of a kind. Blaire and Nick are also two of a kind.

I just have no interest in any of Victor's storylines, nor Nick's.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Well you have the wrong show because that is all Victor and his off spring is all about and it never gets better. Victor think this is his world and everyone else is just living in it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:34 am

LOL - that would explain why I've been so bored with Y&R lately. It just seems that the more they feature the Newman men, the more I turn to my FF button. It would be one thing if they weren't both such arrogant pricks all of the time but they never seem to change.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Well you know soaps have their boring parts but the Newman's are suppose to be one of the core families (Lord knows why) and they will always be on. I just wish they would redeem them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:01 am

Yeah - that would be good. The Qs were a core family on GH and look at what the show did to them, though. I wouldn't mind that happening to the Newman men, until they improve. At least there's hope for Nick but Victor is so far gone.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Oh this show act like it can't run without those arrogant Newman's. IMO it would be better without them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 am

It really would be a better show without them. I guess all soaps have those arrogant characters who ruin the show and TPTB don't seem to get how despicable they really are and how much they ruin the show.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:50 pm

I think you are right. I watch every one of them and I can pick one or two on every show. And beleive me they can do without them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:26 am

Yeah - it really seems that way, which is just weak writing IMO. I mean - you can create bad characters, without making them pathetic and utterly unlikable. Mitch is a great villain. I remember HATING Stephano Dimera on Days. I never saw the fascination and hated his arrogance and how he always got away with everything. Victor is no better.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:53 am

Sonny,Jason,E.J.,Stephano,Victor,Blair,Asa,ect... they all commit crimes yet they never pay for them and do not feel any remorse!
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Exactly, just like EJ Dimera on DOOL. He commit all kinds of crimes yet he has not gone to jail not once. But I am willing to bet Sami goes to jail for shooting him for protecting her kids from him. I hate villians.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:55 am