CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Tony Marino
Supernova
6 posters

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy Empty Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't get why people are so paranoid about their kids trick or treating on Halloween. For decades, we've heard how druggers and cultists and whoever else, put poison in Halloween candy and razor blades in apples...and so everybody makes a big deal about anything kids get that's not wrapped. So what if somebody was passing out Halloween cookies? They can't eat them because they might be poisoned?

Now, I'm not saying these kinds of things have NEVER happened, there have been some accounts of kids being poisoned on Halloween and the such...however, in almost all accounts, it was their parents or another relative who did it, not some stranger passing out candy bars to the kiddies. And, if you think about it, everything could just as easily be poisoned with a syringe that would go through the wrapper. Luckily we haven't gotten THAT paranoid yet, but when some parents opt out of their kids trick or treating door to door to instead 'trunk or treat' in a church parking lot where everybody's cars are lined up, it makes me wonder.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy Empty Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:52 pm

With all the nut jobs out there I would restrict my kids to trick or treating just in the neighborhood and to family. No eating unwrapped candy and no eating any candy at all until after I have inspected it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy Empty Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 pm

I was a kid many years ago, living in Chicago. I know there is truth to it, as I remember to this day that there would be news reports about candy tampered with.

I inspect all my son's candy. Better to be safe.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:24 am

It happens. The time I went trick or treating when I was 7, I came home and saw a chocolate bar in my stash that had obviously been tampered with. Distinctly remember my mother telling me to not eat it.
    LVJoel
    LVJoel
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by LVJoel Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Is this old urban myth still alive? Yes, there have been reports of treats having been tampered with, but I've never seen a reliable report of razor blades in apples.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 am

Sure its happened before but I never knew anybody that got high off a cocaine spiked brownie or saw the inside of their mouth all sliced up because the Halloween candy was tampered with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:43 am