Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy

Go down 
+2
Tony Marino
Supernova
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy Empty
PostSubject: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't get why people are so paranoid about their kids trick or treating on Halloween. For decades, we've heard how druggers and cultists and whoever else, put poison in Halloween candy and razor blades in apples...and so everybody makes a big deal about anything kids get that's not wrapped. So what if somebody was passing out Halloween cookies? They can't eat them because they might be poisoned?

Now, I'm not saying these kinds of things have NEVER happened, there have been some accounts of kids being poisoned on Halloween and the such...however, in almost all accounts, it was their parents or another relative who did it, not some stranger passing out candy bars to the kiddies. And, if you think about it, everything could just as easily be poisoned with a syringe that would go through the wrapper. Luckily we haven't gotten THAT paranoid yet, but when some parents opt out of their kids trick or treating door to door to instead 'trunk or treat' in a church parking lot where everybody's cars are lined up, it makes me wonder.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:52 pm

With all the nut jobs out there I would restrict my kids to trick or treating just in the neighborhood and to family. No eating unwrapped candy and no eating any candy at all until after I have inspected it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 pm

I was a kid many years ago, living in Chicago. I know there is truth to it, as I remember to this day that there would be news reports about candy tampered with.

I inspect all my son's candy. Better to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:24 am

It happens. The time I went trick or treating when I was 7, I came home and saw a chocolate bar in my stash that had obviously been tampered with. Distinctly remember my mother telling me to not eat it.
Back to top Go down
LVJoel
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
LVJoel

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Is this old urban myth still alive? Yes, there have been reports of treats having been tampered with, but I've never seen a reliable report of razor blades in apples.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 am

Sure its happened before but I never knew anybody that got high off a cocaine spiked brownie or saw the inside of their mouth all sliced up because the Halloween candy was tampered with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy   Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy Empty

Back to top Go down

Poison and razor blades in apples and Halloween candy
Page 1 of 1