CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

Visiting Chicago?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Visiting Chicago? Empty Visiting Chicago?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 am

Just wondering what your Chicago vacation experiences were like?

I LOVE visiting the city. I used to live there as a kid. This past Saturday, I flew there on a whim just to be there as I had nothing else going on at home. There is never a bad time to be had there, in my opinion.

So, who has visited and what did you LOVE about it?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Visiting Chicago? Empty Re: Visiting Chicago?

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 am

I've never been there, but I hope to go there someday and look for the ghost of Resurrection Mary.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:30 pm

I was a band geek in high school, and in my junior year went on a trip with the class for a competition that was being held in Chicago. I remember thinking that it was kind of boring (but that was because the year before we had gone to New York; the next year we went to Florida.) I don't really have a reason to visit there now, but if someone I knew wanted to go, and were willing to pay for my expenses to tag along, I'd go back. Chicago has a lot history, I know that much. Plus there's Oprah and pizza.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:19 pm

I went to Chicago last year to visit a friend. I really do like the city aesthetically. Navy Pier was nice. I wanted to go to the jazz festival while I was there, but I didn't get a chance to. I like the Sears (I'ma still call it Sears) Tower. What I liked the most about it was how they give you a history of the building and the display before you get up to the observation deck. A lot more put together than the Empire State and the WTC (when it was up). It's like New York's baby brother. I could definitely live there.....................................................if the crime wasn't so bad. Visiting Chicago? 729904 I'll be visiting again. I gotta go see my friend Jess!
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:55 am

Nystyle709 wrote:It's like New York's baby brother. I could definitely live there.....................................................if the crime wasn't so bad. Visiting Chicago? 729904

Chicagoans love to hear that too. They crave the idea of having Jersey bumped off so that their city can be New York's new little bastard cousin.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:36 pm

RiteDiva wrote:

Chicagoans love to hear that too. They crave the idea of having Jersey bumped off so that their city can be New York's new little bastard cousin.

They actually think that? Sounds like Chicago has an inferiority complex.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:18 am