CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers Empty Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:42 am

You know, we see all the time on TV these women who would absolutely FREAK out at the idea of being a grandmother any time soon, NOT because their kid throws away their whole life on one good time with a guy, but because they're too young to be a grandmother. Or like in George Lopez, 'I am NOT a nana, this is not the butt of a nana!'

Are women really that vain? Of course I imagine some are naturally, if you can think of something, there are people like it somewhere, but is it a common attitude among them?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers Empty Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 am

Well, traditionally, "Grandma" has meant older woman past her prime....so I can see why some more vain women aren't too keen on wearing that title. Of course these days, you got women who're Grandmothers before they turn 40....so....
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers Empty Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 am

Exactly. Yeah, the idea of 'grandma' used to be a little old lady with white hair and glasses, etc., but that's hardly the case anymore.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Marc wrote:Well, traditionally, "Grandma" has meant older woman past her prime....so I can see why some more vain women aren't too keen on wearing that title. Of course these days, you got women who're Grandmothers before they turn 40....so....

Can you imagine a twenty-four year old grandmother? She had her child when she was twelve, then that child has one at twelve. deranged
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Chris wrote:

Can you imagine a twenty-four year old grandmother? She had her child when she was twelve, then that child has one at twelve. Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers 959349

My little cousin had a baby at 13. Let's see if her daughter follows suit. She'll be a grandmother at 26. Shit like that is mind boggling.......................almost.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:00 am

Chris wrote:

Can you imagine a twenty-four year old grandmother? She had her child when she was twelve, then that child has one at twelve. deranged

That is a crazy thought! I have known of a few women who don't want to be called "grandma" because of the stigma associated with it. One of my close friend's kid calls his grandmother "didi". I could not imagine being that vain. I have a stepdaughter, age 21, so due to her age, I stand a good chance to be a grandma before 40. I will be so proud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:08 pm