Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers Empty
PostSubject: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:42 am

You know, we see all the time on TV these women who would absolutely FREAK out at the idea of being a grandmother any time soon, NOT because their kid throws away their whole life on one good time with a guy, but because they're too young to be a grandmother. Or like in George Lopez, 'I am NOT a nana, this is not the butt of a nana!'

Are women really that vain? Of course I imagine some are naturally, if you can think of something, there are people like it somewhere, but is it a common attitude among them?
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 am

Well, traditionally, "Grandma" has meant older woman past her prime....so I can see why some more vain women aren't too keen on wearing that title. Of course these days, you got women who're Grandmothers before they turn 40....so....
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 am

Exactly. Yeah, the idea of 'grandma' used to be a little old lady with white hair and glasses, etc., but that's hardly the case anymore.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Marc wrote:
Well, traditionally, "Grandma" has meant older woman past her prime....so I can see why some more vain women aren't too keen on wearing that title. Of course these days, you got women who're Grandmothers before they turn 40....so....

Can you imagine a twenty-four year old grandmother? She had her child when she was twelve, then that child has one at twelve. deranged
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Chris wrote:

Can you imagine a twenty-four year old grandmother? She had her child when she was twelve, then that child has one at twelve. Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers 959349

My little cousin had a baby at 13. Let's see if her daughter follows suit. She'll be a grandmother at 26. Shit like that is mind boggling.......................almost.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:00 am

Chris wrote:

Can you imagine a twenty-four year old grandmother? She had her child when she was twelve, then that child has one at twelve. deranged

That is a crazy thought! I have known of a few women who don't want to be called "grandma" because of the stigma associated with it. One of my close friend's kid calls his grandmother "didi". I could not imagine being that vain. I have a stepdaughter, age 21, so due to her age, I stand a good chance to be a grandma before 40. I will be so proud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers   Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers Empty

Back to top Go down

Mothers becoming 'young' grandmothers
Page 1 of 1