CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
RedBedroom
Nhaiyel
7 posters

Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid.

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid. Empty Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid.

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:04 pm

I almost hesitate to ask this of any kid today, because 90% of them have their own cellphone or Blackberry, and so it seems almost silly to wonder about. But for those of us who didn't grow up in the cyber age (or, so heavily steeped in it...I'm a 90s teen, so I can't front like there wasn't a semblance of electronic communication at all, but I digress...), did your parents allow you to have your own phone line in your bedroom, cellphone, or pager (remember those?) as a teenager?

I got my first phone line when I was fifteen, and back then it was a big deal to have your own line. To have your phone ringing. To clown around with your friends on your line. I remember my mom saying to me that if she heard it ring after 11 o'clock, that would be it. Disconnected. Of course it often rang after that time, and so that proved to be an empty threat. I can't recall any one of my friends having a cell back then, but a number of them (especially my old HS boyfriends) had pagers.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid. Empty Re: Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 pm

I was 13 when I got a phone in my room. But it was not my own line. I was just happy to have a phone in my room!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid. Empty Re: Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid.

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh hellll noooo, I always wanted a phone for my own room but never got it, which was just as well because when it came down to it, I had no use for one. And you could forget any of that other stuff, most of which I didn't even know what any of it was when I was a kid.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Yep, I've had my own phone. Got it when I was like 13, 14. That was also around the time I started getting on the internet a lot and my mom got tired of me tying up the main phone line so it was just easier to get me my own. I never had a pager. My father has been carrying a cell phone YEARS before they even became the norm and he got me my own cell at 17.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:59 am

I had my own phone line at 16 and my parents made sure that I paid the bill too!!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 am

I had my own extension when I was 13 because one day I discovered that the phone jack in my room that we thought was dead actually worked with the house line. So I went down into the basement, grabbed one of those old phones that my parents didn't want that were stocked in the storage room....and viola....I had a phone in my room. Didn't mean much. All it was was an extension. When I was 16 I convinced my mother to let me have my own line....and yeah I clowned on it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Well, when I was a kid, an extension phone in another part of the house was a big deal, such as in the basement so you wouldn't have to run up to the kitchen phone. Having an extension phone in my room was not even a consideration.

And, cell phones were not even invented. Only mobile was the size, shape and weight of a brick.

Your Own Phoneline/Cell/Pager As a Kid. Zitzfonemsg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:41 am