Annoying Cell Phone Behavior Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annoying Cell Phone Behavior

Go down 
+8
MandyPerfumeGirl
Jason B.
Shale
Nystyle709
Kral
Tony Marino
Supernova
Marc™
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Annoying Cell Phone Behavior Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:07 am

Two things bother the hell out of me with people and cell phones:

1) In depth cell phone conversations in public....at the gym, the library, grocery store, DMV, etc. People laughing their asses off or cursing someone out over the phone. Basically theatrics. Personally, when I'm in public and need to use my blackberry I'm not trying to be on it for longer than 60 seconds. IMO your phone conversations should be essential and fleeting when you're not at home.

2) When someone calls your phone right there in front of you when you give them your number....just to see if it's "legit". Don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 am

I hate just about all cell phone behavior because I see very few people who ever just use them for legitimate reasons, it's always whip them out and talk talk talk talk in the grocery store, in the theater, in the library where they're not even allowed to be on, etc. Last year I was in the theater seeing Gran Torino and just as it reached a crucial point this woman gets on her cellphone up in the top balcony row and we all down in front can hear her louder than the movie. That annoyed the hell out of me. Now the theater has a policy that anybody caught talking on their phones will be thrown out without a refund. :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

Cell phone junkies are just annoying in general, its like if they forgot their cell phone at home they forgot their life support. I have a couple of friends that are cell phone junkies and when at my home or with me they get a lot of calls, talk loudly and are just totally obnoxious. Finally one day we were watching a movie and one of them got a call and was talking in Spanish loudly and laughing and just being a jerk. When he hung up I said to him, it would be nice if you shut your phone off when you are at my home or is my company that boring that you need to talk on the phone half the time you are with me. That got him thinking and of course he denied such a thing was true but it still does not stop him from talking on that phone when I am around. I have known these guys a very long time and I am seriously considering dumping them as friends, just because of this cell phone bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:07 pm

It is my belief that these people love attention and have an overinflated sense of self importance. What they fail to realize is that everyone and their dog has a cell phone. It doesn't make you cool.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Kral wrote:
It is my belief that these people love attention and have an overinflated sense of self importance. What they fail to realize is that everyone and their dog has a cell phone. It doesn't make you cool.

Annoying Cell Phone Behavior 98226 . I agree. But I am, admittedly, one of those people that would turn all the way around and go back home if I forgot my cell. I don't leave home without it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Marc wrote:

1) In depth cell phone conversations in public....at the gym, the library, grocery store, DMV, etc. People laughing their asses off or cursing someone out over the phone. Basically theatrics. Personally, when I'm in public and need to use my blackberry I'm not trying to be on it for longer than 60 seconds. IMO your phone conversations should be essential and fleeting when you're not at home.

If you're not a cell junkie, then why do you have a Blackberry? Annoying Cell Phone Behavior 98226

2) When someone calls your phone right there in front of you when you give them your number....just to see if it's "legit". Don't do that.

Nah, I do it to save your number in phone. Let it ring once. Make a quick and automatic contact. I don't have time to be jotting people's names and numbers down anymore and then have to put it in my phone later.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Guess it is an age related thing but I refuse to be a slave to technology. When I was young and landline phones were the only thing we had, I paid Ma Bell more to install a switch so I could turn the damn thing off when I wanted to sleep. My philosophy - if it really was an emergency then I would be better able to handle it with a good night's sleep.

Now the cell phone addiction age. Yeah, you cannot find a person without their phone to their ear, walking, shopping, sitting around, DRIVING! And it is like a right. There is technology that could block cell phones in movie theaters but I think the FCC won't allow it. WTF, why not? There is absolutely no reason to talk or text in a movie theater. (yeah fool, the light on texting is distracting in a dark theater)

Anyhow, I do own a cell phone. It is in my backpack TURNED OFF!. Yep, I turn it on when I want to call someone. I refuse to be a slave to everyone's whim whereever I happen to be. Don't call me, I'll call you.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Marc wrote:

I was at the mall the other day and saw this kid (maybe 18-21) on his cell doing just that. Outside by the entrance door, screaming into his phone saying that he was gonna fuck somebody up. Everyone was just looking at him. All I could do is roll my eyes and keep on walking. All that was was him putting on a show for attention. People do like to posture and pose with their phones.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:30 pm

There is a lot of annoying cell phone behavior: 1) Talking too loud on the phone in public (like in a restaurant), 2) Talking on the phone while a person is driving, 3) One person talking on the phone during a date, 4) Somebody's cell phone going off, like in a movie theatre.

So many people have become slaves to technology. Very few people actually need their cell phones. I believe it to be more of a social status thing than an actual necessity. Somehow our society has functioned perfectly well without them.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Oh, I can't agree with you more about the folks who talk loud in public. That is so rude.
Back to top Go down
JeanMerc82
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
JeanMerc82

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

co-signs All these people need to adjust their manners!
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Cell phones in public have never really bothered me. A conversation over a cell phone isn't so different from a conversation with someone who is physically present. What DOES sometimes grate at me tho is peoples stupid, loud, fuckin annoying RINGTONES! Often left to play their full 30/45 seconds while the dolt looks at or for the phone.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 am

RobbieFTW wrote:
Cell phones in public have never really bothered me. A conversation over a cell phone isn't so different from a conversation with someone who is physically present. What DOES sometimes grate at me tho is peoples stupid, loud, fuckin annoying RINGTONES! Often left to play their full 30/45 seconds while the dolt looks at or for the phone.

Yes. Thank you. If I hear one more "Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah! Roma-roma-mamaa! Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!" ringtone, an aneurysm is going to burst.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Cell Phone Behavior   Annoying Cell Phone Behavior Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoying Cell Phone Behavior
Page 1 of 1