How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music

Go down 
+3
CatEyes10736
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 pm

With acts like Britney, Gaga and Ke$ha ruling the roost, are you content with what's generally out there today or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

I am loving it, I have always been a fan of Hi Energy and dance music!
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:20 pm

It's a welcome diversion from about 5 years old non stop hip hop. I actually think right now things are pretty even divided amongst the genres, which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
JADACITY
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
JADACITY

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't like it, because "fun" and "electro" music is basically a kids game and because of that, the charts are dominated by 14-25 year olds. There once was a time when a 40 year old could have a radio hit, but in an environment that caters to Ke$ha and Britney, that becomes next to impossible. Also electropop has virtually KILLED the ballad.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 am

JADACITY wrote:
I don't like it, because "fun" and "electro" music is basically a kids game and because of that, the charts are dominated by 14-25 year olds. There once was a time when a 40 year old could have a radio hit, but in an environment that caters to Ke$ha and Britney, that becomes next to impossible. Also electropop has virtually KILLED the ballad.
In all fairness, that's been the case for the last fifteen years, but I get what you mean. I'm fine with it for now peacockish electro-pop for now; as Cateyes noted, after years of hip hop ruling the roost. A change was in order, and I suppose the opposite extreme was needed to balance the scale back out. I, however, wouldn't want to see electro music still dominating the scene two years from now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Rule Breaker
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Rule Breaker

Male

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:09 pm

The worse thing about this electro pop fad is that its put Britney back in relevance. 3, 4 years ago, she was really out of style and on the verge of being totally washed up. Then all of the sudden it's cool to like her again. Where did THAT come from? Gaga ok I can tolerate, but I can't abide by Britney.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm

JADACITY wrote:

Susan Boyle just had a number one song. Barbra Streisand's new album had a debut at number one when it was released.
Back to top Go down
NIKOL99
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
NIKOL99

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 am

Oh it's fun and it's harmless. I'm not a fan of it per se, but there's always a need for lighthearted dancier music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music   How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music
Page 1 of 1