Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? Empty
PostSubject: Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?   Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:28 am

Say you and your friend are going some place, and the voyage was your idea. Be it a road trip or just a trip within your city limits, but something happens. Like a ticket, a flat tire, or hitting a deer...something that requires them to pay some money. When that something happens, do you offer up some cash to help out?

I normally would, just to be nice. But the one time this happened to me, I did not. We went on a five hour road trip, and it was my idea. She drove, and invited a friend. And the driver was a friend, but not that close. They were here for drinks one night, and I told her that if she drove, I would pay all the gas to go to the Mall Of America. We went a couple weeks after that.

I paid all the gas, which was fine by me. I got pissed on the way home when her husband called and she was chatting with him and in talking about money, she said that she had paid for all the gas. I was pissed because the friend she invited did not pay a dime, nor did I expect her to, but still, that was shitty for her to say that I did not pay, when I had paid it all. I am sure she just said that because she wanted to conceal the actual amount of her shopping purchases.

Anyway, we get so freakin close to home, and she hits a deer. As it was, I did not offer a dime toward her insurance deductible. And I would have, had she not lied to Nick about the gas. And I heard through the grapevine that she thought I was awful for not offering up.

So, what is it that you would do if the driver incurs an expense when the trip was your idea?

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?   Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:31 am

It was very tacky of her to take your gas money, allow passenger B to tag along for free, and then claim that she funded the entire trip when she was basically compensated for the whole thing. It was her fault she hit the deer. If something happened: like a flat tire, a toll charge, something that was no one's fault, then I would definitely put some cash on it (I think everyone along for the ride should.) But I'm not going to be responsible for someone else's accident that was the result of their negligence. You did your part. She had no one else to blame but herself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?   Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 am

Just because the trip was your idea doesn't mean you owe her one cent. She's the one who hit the deer. And it WAS shitty of her to claim to have paid for the gas when you paid for it. It's her own fault.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?   Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 am

It's not like you were driving her car....she was the one who couldn't miss big ass deer. If that were me, I would be salivating over her daring to say something to me about it.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?   Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Red your friend is what I call "full of sh-t". Sorry I don't mean to insult her if she's a good friend of yours, but she sounds very self indulgent and like she's someone who doesn't take responsibility for her own actions. You were good to pony up gas money for the trip, that was all you needed to do. It wasn't your fault she hit an animal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?   Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you pay up if something happnes when a friend drives?
Page 1 of 1