CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Tony Marino
Chris
GrayWolf
Supernova
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Kral
11 posters

What do you think of SPEED DATING?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

What do you think of SPEED DATING? Empty What do you think of SPEED DATING?

Post by Kral Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:09 pm

I am curious as to what you fellow Chamberists think about speed dating. I have never tried it but I would think that it is better to meet someone right away in person and then decide if we want to pursue a relationship. I have been trying this internet dating for quite sometime now and I think a lot of time is wasted with a bunch of emails and talking on the phone, it's when you actually meet in person that you realize if there is any "chemistry" or not. I would like to hear your opinions on this subject, thanks!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What do you think of SPEED DATING? Empty Re: What do you think of SPEED DATING?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 pm

If I was single, I would try it. The way I see it is that mostly everyone there is there for similar reasons. They are not liking going on dead end dates, or dead end email exchanges with online dating, so they want to cut to the chase and have face time with some folks who seek the same.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 pm

I don't think it's any more different than meeting someone in the club or on the street. I think speed dating is supposed to be.....I dunno, more formal? More calculated? Sit across from someone for 4 minutes in a forced setting and decide if you like them and go out? We already do that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

What I think? What's the point? That's what I think.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Speed dating is too much like college recruiting.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 am

Never tried it, but don't think it would be worth it for more than a hookup, or one night stand. In five minutes, all I could determine is if I'm physically attracted to them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Never tried it but am not opposed to it at all. If it works then why not try it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Speed dating? Aren't there bumps for that?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Marc wrote:Speed dating? Aren't there bumps for that?
    good one
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't think I'd ever try speed dating even if it was a free event, lol. What can you possibly learn about a person in 3-5 minutes?! Lots of people are nervous enough going on a date and I don't think the rush of a speed meet would make them any less so. Sure, you might meet somebody intriguing, but still, 5 minutes just gives you just a superficial glance into the person and not what they are truly like. Not for me anyways, if I'm going to get grilled and enjoy it, there better be the word BBQ in it somewhere.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:44 pm

I personally haven't tried speed dating, but I'm open to the idea, I don't have a problem with it, I think it could definitely be a way to meet someone. I've always believed that if someone meets a very special person and a relationship evolves that the main thing is that those two met and not how they met.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 am

I never did it but I like the idea. I can see it being awkward if you don't click in the first 30 seconds, but if you do then it can probably be fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:51 pm