CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Chris
Supernova
Shale
RedBedroom
Marc™
9 posters

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? Empty Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Should pre-married couples live together for a while before marriage, or wait until they are married to set up joint residence?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? Empty Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm

It depends on the couple. Most say that they like to live together first to determine compatibility. I think that is probably not really it. I think they do it because they are smitten, want to be together, and can do that and save a ton of money. So, they rush into living together. I guess it is ok if they like it. I think that young, unmarried couples that buy a home together are not thinking clearly. That is a recipe for disaster.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? Empty Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?

Post by Shale Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 pm

It worked for me. Lived together with Brenda for three years before we got married - and that was just because of the legal advantages given to married couples.

Jim and I lived together for five years and never had the choice to marry.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 pm

I think it might be a good idea. I don't mean just rush in and buy a new place but I do think two people who are determined to be together SHOULD live together so they can get an idea each of what the other person is like when they're not out for the night trying to impress the other and whatever, and see what each other is like at home, relaxed, their hair down, being their regular, natural selves.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Should definitely live together before. In fact, I think that when a couple starts talking about marrying, pre-engagement, they should go ahead and test the living together waters.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Not a bad idea. Maybe spend a week or so at each others place from time to timr, seeing how well having the other there all the time jibes. If that works, then make it more permanent.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Definitely. See if you can live with their bad/quirky habits before you say 'I do'. I actually know a married couple that doesn't live together.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 pm

I think different things work for different couples, but generally I would say a couple should live together before they marry - some people may be in love but were just not meant to live together. When two people live together, all sorts of annoying habits and quarks come out from the dark, the question is can they handle it?

I used to live with a guy I dated. I adored him before I moved in and hated him by the time I moved out.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 am

I guess it's the smart move to make if you're engaged but it would take a LONG time for me to get to the point where I'd wanna live with someone all the time. Wouldn't mind if he slept over for a week at a time, but you don't live here. Let's not lose the "house guest" tag just yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:41 am