CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Nystyle709
Nhaiyel
Shale
Supernova
Marc™
RedBedroom
Chris
11 posters

When you were a kid, did you ever prank call?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

When you were a kid, did you ever prank call? Empty When you were a kid, did you ever prank call?

Post by Chris Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Have you ever prank called anyone?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

When you were a kid, did you ever prank call? Empty Re: When you were a kid, did you ever prank call?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:04 pm

My friends and I went through a stage that we just loved doing it. So immature, but we sure got a lot of good laughs.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

When you were a kid, did you ever prank call? Empty Re: When you were a kid, did you ever prank call?

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Hell yeah. Me and my friends used to clown on the phone. We would call up the Home Shopping Network....saying that we were interested in ordering the item on the screen and when the operator would ask what method of payment we'd be using, we answer back "food stamps."

Operator: We don't accept food stamps.
    Me: Hey, it's like money. Don't oppress my monetary compensation.

Once a female friend and me called an abortion clinic. She told the operator that she wanted to schedule an appointment to have an abortion....then midway through I'd come on the line, acting as if I was the abusive husband/BF....telling her that she wasn't gonna kill my baby, demanding that she hang up the phone....she'd argue back and then I'd start yelling, threatening, making violent noise in the background....meanwhile she'd scream for help like I was beating her up. Definitely not funny now....but at the time it was fucking hysterical.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Hell no, by the time we were old enough to know about that stuff, we had caller ID so it was a safe guess anybody we'd call would have it too.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Once a female friend and me called an abortion clinic. She told the operator that she wanted to schedule an appointment to in and have an abortion....then midway through I'd come on the line, acting as if I was the abusive husband/BF....telling her that she wasn't gonna kill my baby, demanding that she hang up the phone....she'd argue back and then I'd start yelling, threatening, making violent noise in the background....meanwhile she'd scream for help like I was beating her up. Definitely not funny now....but at the time it was fucking hysterical.

That is so harsh, those poor people. But, it is amazing the terrible, stupid shit we find funny as kids.

Our big thing was calling companies, claiming to be home alone with a younger sibling who had had an accident with their product. We actually got folks in quite a stir at Johnson and Johnson over an accidental multiple band aid swallowing.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Supernova wrote:Hell no, by the time we were old enough to know about that stuff, we had caller ID so it was a safe guess anybody we'd call would have it too.
    HAH! Busted by technology.

Back before ID we would call ppl and ask things like "Is your refrigerator running?"

If yes, then we'd say "You better go catch it."

It was a simple, innocent time.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:14 pm

I work in a call center, and I will admit that on two separate occasions, I have prank called two of my co-workers over my lunch break with my cell.

There was caller ID when I was a kid, but *67 cleared that up. I remember I used to call people up playing talking interludes from my CDs. Did it to my high school boyfriend once, and his reaction was priceless; he responded with this sort of clueless defensive tone in his voice: "Man, who this?!"
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm

HELL.YEAH! Man, I have so many stories and prank calls we used to do back in the day......................I'll have to give ya'll the stories later.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:46 pm

A bunch of times. This was back when caller ID was in its infancy, so you had more freedom to prank w/o being caught. My two best friends and I all had 3-way calling, so between the three of us, we'd have a party prank line. We'd each get out our respective yellow/white pages and look for businesses and random residences to call up and play with.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:15 am

Are you kidding me, all the time. I used to record and alter my voice on the computer, and call people pretending to be strange characters.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Chris, do you have Prince Albert in a can?
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:20 am

When I was 16 and had a falling out with my girlfriend, I called her anonymously, put the receiver inside the toilet bowl and flushed. Inspired by the episode of Beavis + Butthead where they prank called the guy over and over. Did that about a dozen times, she finally call blocked me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:58 pm