In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!

Go down 
+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! Empty
PostSubject: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:30 pm

There are many Pugs coming to our state from Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a state with a high amount of puppy mills, so the abandoned pugs in shelters there greatly outnumbers the amount in my state.

So, there is a branch of the Oklahoma rescue here in my city and the Pugs are arriving Friday and were in need of foster homes until they are adopted out. I am very excited. I am happy that we are getting a young one, because then he will be adopted out sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeah, pugs are cute when they're young and little, when they're older and get bigger, not so much, at least not if you ask anyone in my family. I don't know what kind of pets they make but I know a couple like to come around here on occasion and try to make themselves at home.

Congratulations, RB. good luck
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks, Super.

I know that people either think they are adorable or not at all. I think they are pretty cute. The biggest thing for me is that they are in need and I can help, so it is something I really want to do.

During my interview process, I felt like I would be fine with a special needs or disabled Pug. But a disabled Pug was brought to my home visit to test my dog with another dog, and I began to feel like I really hope I don't get a disabled Pug. So, I am glad I am not. I think that is much more work and harder to deal with than I originally imagined.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 am

Good Luck Red!!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks Tony! I can't wait to see how it will be to have him here.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:40 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Thanks Tony! I can't wait to see how it will be to have him here.

Red what happens if your get attached to him and you have to give him up??

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Well, I really don't want two dogs. If he starts to work his way into my heart too much, I just have to keep reminding myself that I am just helping get him back on track and prepare him for his forever home. Two dogs are a lot of work for people who leave home as much as we do. I would love him to pieces, but not all the extras that come with owning another dog.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:49 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
... If he starts to work his way into my heart too much, I just have to keep reminding myself that I am just helping get him back on track and prepare him for his forever home. ...
Good luck with that.

I was riding my bike on Miami Beach and almost ran over a little red slider turtle walking across the sidewalk. IDK where it came from or why it was there, but I took it home and set it up in a temp home in a hospital basin.

I did not need a pet turtle! So, put up posters around the apt complex and at work for a free turtle. Luckily, a co-worker had aquarium set up and has kept turtles so she took him off my hands.

However, in the three days that I had it, I was starting to get attached to the little reptile. He was quite active and inquisitive and sat on his rock craning his neck to see how to get out of the basin. (probably how he escaped his first owner). Glad I didn't have to care for him longer.

In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! Turtle07-04-0906web

In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! Turtle10

Last edited by Shale on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Pic)
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:38 am

Congrats on the pug! I'd love to be able to foster dogs some day but my problem is that I'm worried I'd get attached.

Cute turtle, Shale, though I'm not really a reptile person.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks TSJ.

Shale, that was a cute little turtle. Glad you did the right thing and found him a place to live well.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Well, I really don't want two dogs. If he starts to work his way into my heart too much, I just have to keep reminding myself that I am just helping get him back on track and prepare him for his forever home. Two dogs are a lot of work for people who leave home as much as we do. I would love him to pieces, but not all the extras that come with owning another dog.

True, can't imagine how you do it with one! I love dogs and cats but would not get a dog and leave it home all day by itself.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:00 am

Red, did you get the puppy? How's it going?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!   In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug! Empty

Back to top Go down

In two days, I become a foster mom...to a Pug!
Page 1 of 1