CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
RedBedroom
Chris
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Marc™
10 posters

N-Word Cancels School's 'Mockingbird'

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

N-Word Cancels School's 'Mockingbird' - Page 2 Empty Re: N-Word Cancels School's 'Mockingbird'

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 pm

alan smithee wrote: yay
    We'll see if this holds once you read it. FORGIVENESS MAN (Depending on what book gets published first, the reactions could be very varied. Razz ) There's a reason I always say IF for publishing. You might not guess but I'm a strong self pessimist. Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

N-Word Cancels School's 'Mockingbird' - Page 2 Empty Re: N-Word Cancels School's 'Mockingbird'

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Sort of back on topic:
    Books are useless! I only ever read one book, "To Kill A Mockingbird" and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds! Sure it taught me not to judge a man by the colour of his skin... but what good does that do me?
    Homer J. Simpson
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Best book ever. Movie was pretty good too.

wesley
    wesley
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by wesley Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:46 am

Chris wrote:They should have just added a disclaimer at the beginning of the play that it would contain crass language, and why. It's ridiculous that the play would be cancelled because of harsh, but in-context language, used to illustrate one of its points.
    Except, that would actually make sense!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:35 am