CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news? Empty Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 pm

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-norfolk/amazon-com-selling-a-book-promoting-child-molestation

I am probably in the minority, but I think this is all stupid. These people up in arms over this book (available on Kindle only, I think) are giving the book more publicity than it would have ever gotten. It could have sat quietly on the book list, but instead, curious idiots, who are not child molesters are going to buy this book.

Amazon possibly shot itself in the foot for allowing this to be sold. I am sure that there are some people who really will boycott (and not just say they will, but then don't). How that will measure against new shoppers who only learned of Amazon through these news reports, I don't know.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news? Empty Re: Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news?

Post by Shale Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Hmm. Wonder if the cops have found a way to track the sales and who is buying it. Blue Cool

Anyhow, "there is no such thing as bad publicity." You are right that any furor over this book will just bring it to the attention of ppl who whoulda missed it. Also, Amazon is so big with so many diverse readers that a threatened boycott is likely ineffective and an actual one unnoticed in their sales figures.

Years ago, some Jewish guy was making a big stink about a local book store stocking "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler. The book has been available since the 40s, and is mostly read by scholars and such in studies of a sick mind or slick politician. Not like Oprah was gonna review it or anything.

It was a local op-ed battle, with most consensus that no one should attempt to censor material in a free society, like Hitler did in his Nazi Germany. BTW the book store owner is also Jewish.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news? Empty Re: Thoughts on the Amazon book in the news?

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Red your right before the publicity, not many people would have known of its existence, now I am sure every pedophile that read the article or heard it on the news is searching for a copy. They should have just hushed it up and took the book off the market, end of story.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 pm

I agree with the previous posters - all the media attention on this book is giving it more publicity than it ever dreamed. Now personally, I don't understand what everyone is having a fit about - it's a free country with freedom of speech, the author should be able to write what he wants and have it published, and if someone doesn't agree with it, just don't read it. Sounds simple enough to me!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am

I think the author is a sick piece of shit and Amazon made a mistake to sell his "code of conduct" for "pedosexuals". That being said, according to one of the comments after the article, it took Amazon less than 24 hours to remove the book. Am I going to boycot Amazon for their mistake? No.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:37 am