Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?

Go down 
+2
Forgiveness Man
RobbieFTW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? Empty
PostSubject: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

From Towleroad

Radio Jock Attacks Fort Worth City Councilman Joel Burns

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone not touched by Joel Burns' anti-bullying speech during a Fort Worth City Council meeting last month. But at least one person wasn't: KLIF radio jock Chris Krok. His reaction was the exact opposite, actually. The day after Burns' plea to bullied LGBT youth, Krok took to the airwaves to bash him mocking the gay city councilman with a lisp, calling him selfish and playing down gay teen suicide by outrageously claiming that not one gay kid in Forth Worth has committed suicide. The DJ is also upset with the fact that Burns referred to his partner as husband and asks Burns to "stop lying" about being married.

This was Joel Burns speech.

This is Krok's response

Some people are rallying to get the station to fire this guy for his remarks and for one think he should get canned.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:31 pm

I admittedly have not listened to this video but unless the guy is advocating crime, no, he should not be fired. Let people stop listening to him if they want him off the air.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Perhaps not fired, but he should be forced to make an on-air apology. His rant was completely uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Chris wrote:
Perhaps not fired, but he should be forced to make an on-air apology. His rant was completely uncalled for.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I admittedly have not listened to this video but unless the guy is advocating crime, no, he should not be fired. Let people stop listening to him if they want him off the air.

Cheese and Rice...now I'm agreeing with you! Better start searching the skies for a Doomsday asteroid. :biggrin: If the station does can this asshole it will be because they fear he will harm their bottom line.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:52 am

Fired no, but forced to make a public apology for what he said. If I got that radio station where I live, I'd write in and tell them that I won't be listening to their station again until he issues a public apology.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Cheese and Rice...now I'm agreeing with you! Better start searching the skies for a Doomsday asteroid. :biggrin: If the station does can this asshole it will be because they fear he will harm their bottom line.
I see the asteroid but where it lands might surprise. Razz

It does amaze me how everytime some radio jock makes some outrageous comments, whiny people call for him to be fired. Why? Are you being forced to listen to him? It seems like people wanna make the airwaves conform to their comfort level. If you don't like something, don't listen/watch. I think Howard Stern is a creep; I don't listen to him. Razz It's easy people.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:34 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I see the asteroid but where it lands might surprise. Razz

It does amaze me how everytime some radio jock makes some outrageous comments, whiny people call for him to be fired. Why? Are you being forced to listen to him? It seems like people wanna make the airwaves conform to their comfort level. If you don't like something, don't listen/watch. I think Howard Stern is a creep; I don't listen to him. Razz It's easy people.
Because people with forums have to be held accountable when they use their platform to publicly spew slander or malice at a certain person or group of people. It's not about THEM, it's about their audience they could be influencing with that crap! We have an epidemic of gay teens killing themselves because they're being bullied and this asshole is mocking the situation like it's funny or no big deal.

Update: This jerk was forced to make an on-air apology. Good.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:53 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
Because people with forums have to be held accountable when they use their platform to publicly spew slander or malice at a certain person or group of people. It's not about THEM, it's about their audience they could be influencing with that crap! We have an epidemic of gay teens killing themselves because they're being bullied and this asshole is mocking the situation like it's funny or no big deal.

Update: This jerk was forced to make an on-air apology. Good.

Held accountable? That's BS and we all know it. It's not about accountability; it's about censorship. If he had suggested something equally as hateful against a Christian group, we wouldn't even have heard about it and the same people shouting for accountability would be cheering him on. They can dish it out but they just cannot take it.

Audiences are influenced by whatever will fuel their own beliefs. You can't legislate that anybody who says something you take severe issue with should be silenced.

As for this guy, he's a jerk. If you think this asshole is a homophobic prick too, don't listen to his program.(I'm not) Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?   Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should This Radio Shock Jock Be Fired?
Page 1 of 1