Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.

Go down 
+9
FightSleep
Chris
TSJFan4Ever
Jason B.
GrayWolf
Nhaiyel
Impact
RedBedroom
Marc™
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. Empty
PostSubject: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 pm

What now-outdated fashion trend(s) did you used to sport? Being a very late 70s baby, during early childhood I was able to see and sometimes participate in those 80s fashions. When I was in elementary school, I had pairs of ripped stone washed jeans. Then when I was in middle school, I sported a high top fade (not quite Kid, but very Big Daddy Kane)....and had several pairs of IOU/Cross Colours shirts and caps. When Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg brought back the afro in the early/mid 90s, I briefly did that....briefly....I don't know how black folks in the 70s maintained afros, they're troublesome as hell. Then from there, as I got further into HS, I started getting it braided.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:15 pm

In high school, we used to "roll" our pants. Anyone who also did it will know what I mean. Gosh, that was pretty lame, but we all had to do it!
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
In high school, we used to "roll" our pants. Anyone who also did it will know what I mean. Gosh, that was pretty lame, but we all had to do it!

I know what you mean, I used to that too in middle school. I'm thinking circa '91 maybe, when that fad was briefly in. It passed and thank God, because it looked silly as hell in retrospect.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm

It did look silly as hell. We started in 1990/91, but I think we rocked it until late 1993!

My son will not believe me that we used to do that!
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 pm

I sported the "grunge" look in high school. Had a closet full of flannel overshirts. Used to shave my head at the sides and let my naturally curly hair (that I flat ironed straight) grow out from the top. Would cut off the bottoms of my pants and hook my wallet to my back pocket via a chain. I thought I was Billy Joe Armstrong or Matt Dillion from Singles.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Guilty. I used to rock those thick ass "Jade braids" (or "Dookie braids" as they were more commonly called, although I always found that description to be gross) that were big in the first half of the 90s...complete with hair extensions, burnt at the ends. As worn by Janet in Poetic Justice.

Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. Pictur12

Also used to wear dark, oversized jeans that had a high butt (complete with belt), with tighter form fitting shirts. I was very much a "90s teen" in my freshman and sophomore years of high school. By my junior year that look had began to dissipate and my attire become a little more subtle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 pm

The only thing I can think of that I did was the blue jean overall shorts with one of the straps unhooked. Imagine early '90s Disney channel.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 pm

I had four pairs of multi-colored parachute pants with Velcro straps around the waist and ankles.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:53 am

I remember the "slides" that my friends and I would put on oversized t-shirts, or the way we'd knot them on the side. Also remember leg warmers and skinny leggings with over-sized sweaters. Also remember the rolled pants - lol!

Any girls remember scrunchies? My Mom must have made dozens for me in all different colours so I'd have one or two to wear with any outfit I had. I think I still have some floating around.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:05 am

I had a rat-tail, from age seven to thirteen. It was *long*. Girls used to love playing with it.

RedBedroom wrote:

laughing Red, I did that too. It was during that very late 80s/very early 90s period where the "in" thing at the time was jeans that had very narrow and high hems. If your hems weren't narrow, you made them by rolling them up. Make sure those socks showed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:48 am

Chris, good to know you and I and Marc were that lame together....LOL, at the time, we were cool.
Back to top Go down
FightSleep
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
FightSleep

Male
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 am

I had a Fubu jacket when I was 10.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 am

Heaven help me, I had a leisure suit. shake sense n2u At least I never wore a mullet.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Chris, good to know you and I and Marc were that lame together....LOL, at the time, we were cool.

We were very cool, that was the look for a minute. Everybody in school was doing it. I remember once I even saw a girl at school with sweet pants (and everyone knows sweatpants have an elastic band located around the ankles) rolled up.

alan smithee wrote:
Heaven help me, I had a leisure suit. shake sense n2u At least I never wore a mullet.

What about that "Members Only" Jacket you got for Christmas '86? 😆
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Chris wrote:

What about that "Members Only" Jacket you got for Christmas '86? 😆
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_Only

I heard that brand supposedly made some sort of comeback as of late, but I can't think of where. Haven't seen anyone in Members Only apparel in forever.

Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah, whatever was hot that I liked, I had. Cross Colours. Guess jeans. I remember in 5th grade when the pilgrim like clogs were really popular with the girls, had those too. Door knockers earrings (I still wear door knockers somewhat though). Starter jackets. Eastlands. Wheat Timbs. British Knights. Wallabees. Tennis skirts. Fila's. Denim stonewash jackets with your name spray painted on them in big bubble letters. Rings on every finger. The list goes on.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Anyone ever wear this outdated fashion trend?

Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. Flashback69vw89web
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Groovy, man!
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:13 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
Yeah, whatever was hot that I liked, I had. Cross Colours. Guess jeans. I remember in 5th grade when the pilgrim like clogs were really popular with the girls, had those too. Door knockers earrings (I still wear door knockers somewhat though). Starter jackets. Eastlands. Wheat Timbs. British Knights. Wallabees. Tennis skirts. Fila's. Denim stonewash jackets with your name spray painted on them in big bubble letters. Rings on every finger. The list goes on.

Heh. I remember Starter (and Troop) jackets were banned at my school....kids were fighting over them.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Had to chuckle today when I saw some girls with hems rolled up on their pants - made me think of this thread. more outdated trends coming back in?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:50 pm

ok I'll confess to platform shoes d-oh!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:49 pm

I am shocked that no other ladies here have mentioned high bangs. The higher the better, back in the day for those of us old enough to remember!
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:48 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I am shocked that no other ladies here have mentioned high bangs. The higher the better, back in the day for those of us old enough to remember!

Were those the ones that were curled under with a curling iron or am I thinking of something else?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:40 pm

You are on the right track, CeCe. Ours were curled under, just a tad, but then really curled and teased over.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:44 pm

I remember those!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.   Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You. Empty

Back to top Go down

Outdated Styles/Fashion Trends and You.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next