Breast feeding, in general. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breast feeding, in general.

Go down 
+5
femme fatale
Nystyle709
Marc™
Alan Smithee
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Breast feeding, in general. Empty
PostSubject: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:20 pm

We talked about women who breast feed in public, but what about breast feeding vs. bottle feeding? Where do you stand on that? My daughter wasn't breast fed, but when her mother and I were still together, she said that if we had another baby she'd try it. Never happened though. Where do you stand on this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:29 pm

There are many reasons why it's beneficial, especially linked to the baby's health. If you check on line for "disadvantages of breastfeeding" it looks like all the reasons have to do with convenience or avoiding sore nipples. The Human race got all the way to the 20th century without baby formula.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:16 pm

When my twins were born they were breast fed for 10 months. Then they were weaned off of it to standard formula. It was really up to their mother....I let her decide how she wanted to handle that. I'm not a fan of breastfeeding, but it's the healthiest option so I couldn't argue against it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:04 pm

It's beneficial for both baby and mother. Breastfeeding helps you drop the baby weight. I'll definitely breastfeed when I have kids.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 2:17 am

Babies are born to be breast fed IMO and I really can't understand why a woman would give birth to an infant, see her breasts swell up with milk and then turn around and bottle feed.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 3:12 am

Breat feeding is preferred, but sometimes it's not an option. When I was born, I lost almost a poud and the health nurse recommended formula, as for some reason I wasn't gianing weight. The ironic thing is that I'm the one with the stronger immune system, while my brother was the one who caught the colds and whatnot while we were growing up.

I think there are times when bottle feeding is good, but not always. SOmetimes it's nice for mommy to be able to sleep and for daddy to have a chance to feed the baby. Smile
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Breast milk is far superior, and is the way to go if it is right for the mother and child. A baby will be healthy on formula too, so it is not as if the breast is the only way to go.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
Breat feeding is preferred, but sometimes it's not an option. When I was born, I lost almost a poud and the health nurse recommended formula, as for some reason I wasn't gianing weight. The ironic thing is that I'm the one with the stronger immune system, while my brother was the one who caught the colds and whatnot while we were growing up.

I think there are times when bottle feeding is good, but not always. SOmetimes it's nice for mommy to be able to sleep and for daddy to have a chance to feed the baby. Smile

Right. Which is why I'm sort of partial to a baby being bottle and formula fed. How can anyone else feed them if all the know is their mothers breast, and what if she's one day unavailable for whatever reason. If women are going to breast feed then I think they should do it via a pump so that the baby can experience being fed manually.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:59 am

I think whenever possible, though, breast feeding is the best option, but it's not always the best option for babies. It's nice to have the Dad included in feeding the baby, though.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 am

Dad can still feed...most breast feeding moms pump extra, so there are bottles to be made.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:05 am

Yeah - but I've also had friends who don't pump and don't want to. One of my friend's tried and found it really painful and another just had no interest. Others began supplementing with formula around 6 months and that's when the dads began feeding.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:04 am

I'm not all that adamant on breastfeeding, but I would nurse my first baby for at least a little while just to experience what it is like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breast feeding, in general.   Breast feeding, in general. Empty

Back to top Go down

Breast feeding, in general.
Page 1 of 1