CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Your all-time favorite episode or moment?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Your all-time favorite episode or moment? Empty Your all-time favorite episode or moment?

Post by Kral Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:39 am

In all your time watching OLTL....what is your all time favorite episode or OLTL moment?

Mine was back in '93, after Sloan wrote his book LORD OF THE BANNER that infuriated Dorian...when she crashed the party that Viki and Sloan were having at Llanfair. Then confronted Sloan and threw her drink on him just as Viki, Andrew, and Cassie walked in. Cassie (who hadn't been speaking to Dorian) herself then decides to confront Dorian....and then after saying what she had to say tried to walk away as Dorian grabbed her arm as was said "don't you walk away from me young lady," causing Cassie to fall down the stairs at 7 months pregnant. That episode is classic, wish I had it on tape.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Your all-time favorite episode or moment? Empty Re: Your all-time favorite episode or moment?

Post by stavdash Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 am

My favorite episode was the one when Nora gave her closing arguments in the rape trial and turned on her clients. This was back when Nora was actually a good character, and Hillary Smith was fantastic in this scene. She was pensive and pale when she stood up to begin addressing the jury; moments before she finally realized that Todd, Zach and Powell were guilty, and you could see the look of appall, disgust and torment in her face. She started stating the facts of the case, and slowly built up momentum until she was practically screaming that her clients were guilty. I was blown away by that scene.

Another scene that I distinctly remember was Sloan's funeral. I never liked Sloan, but the solemness of the military funeral, with Viki, Andrew and Cassie standing there, left me very touched.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Your all-time favorite episode or moment? Empty Re: Your all-time favorite episode or moment?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:45 am

Todd's execution for me - the scenes leading up to it and the moment Todd flatlined and then John ran in with Mad Mags - back when John was decent and had a heart and when the law actually meant something to him.

Also loved the day Todd got Sam back after Marcie kidnapped him - Todd reaching for his little boy and then bringing him home to the family to celebrate - seeing Sam down on the ground for the first time.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:39 am

I'm gonna hijack TSJFan4Ever's answer. There have been numerous moments that I wish I had on tape, but Todd's execution is definitely a standout. OLTL and TSJ, especially, should have won an Emmy for that episode.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 pm

There are so many its hard to narrow down to just one. This involves the homophobia storyline, the episode when Andrew Carpenter lead the march to the Aids Quilt to have his brother's name added to it. This was the end to a summer storyline that was one of One Life To Live's best story's in its history. This is how it happened:

17-year-old Billy Douglas (Ryan Philippe)confessed to minister Andrew Carpenter (Wortham Krimmer) that he was gay. Billy's parents and the angry townspeople of Llanview, charged Andrew with having an affair with the teen-ager. Stubbornly insisting on the right to privacy, Andrew refused to disclose his sexual preference. Andrew was beaten up and called disparaging names, and there were several attempts to defrock him. Simultaneously, Andrew's father, Sloan (Roy Thinnes), had been refusing to believe that Andrew's brother, William, who died, was a victim of AIDS.

William's former lover came to Llanview to enlist Andrew and Sloan's help in adding a panel in William's memory to the AIDS quilt. Sloan angrily refused at first. the quilt became the means by which Andrew and his father are reunited and the town confronts its fears about gays. Marty was a key person in starting the homophobia storyline since she was the one that started the rumor about Andrew and Billy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:31 am